Oregon State School of MIME E-Bulletin
Weekly Newsletter for the School of Mechanical, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
at Oregon State University
October 17, 2016
This Week's Features
Dr. Calvo-Amodia Named to Prestigious International Professional Groups
Dr. Javier Calvo-Amodio, assistant professor of industrial engineering, has been named the International Society for the Systems Sciences (ISSS) representative to the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE). In this capacity, Dr. Calvo-Amodio will be working at the Systems Science Working Group (SSWG) of INCOSE to promote the advancement and understanding of systems science and its application of systems theories to systems engineering. The objectives of the working group are to:
• Encourage advancement of systems science principles and concepts as they apply to systems engineering
• Promote awareness of systems science as a foundation for systems engineering
• Highlight linkages between systems science theories and empirical practices of systems engineering
As well, Dr. Calvo-Amodio has been invited to join the Systems Research Team, a collaboration effort lead by the International Federation for Systems Research (IFSR), participating in the Systems Literacy Project, and the Systems Research Body of Knowledge.
Get Ready: Beaver Careers Bring You Career Fair and Prep Days
The Fall Career Fair offers a terrific opportunity to jump-start your job search, and a number of preparatory events. The format has changed slightly from past years, with engineering-specific industries clustered on Wednesday and STEM and health on Thursday. A number of employers attend both days, but some attend just one. School of MIME students are encouraged to review the list of employers attending (below), and attend freely to either or both events to meet the potential employers that interest you.
October 26: Engineering (list of companies attending)
Civil and Construction, Defense and Military, Forestry and Wood Products, Product Manufacturing, Transportation, Water & Environmental Resources (Engineering)
October 27: STEM & Health (list of companies attending)
Agriculture, Defense and Military, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Energy, Engineering Sciences, Environmental, Health, Natural Resources, Process Manufacturing, Robotics, Sciences
The full list of activities:
• October 19, 2016 - The Prepare Fair
• October 24, 2016 - Speed Mock Interviews
• October 26, 2016 - Engineering Career Fair
• October 27, 2016 - STEM & Health Career Fair
• October 27, 2016 - Engineering Interview Day
• October 28, 2016 - STEM & Health Interview Day
Startup Showcase with OSU Advantage Accelerator
Startup Showcase -- a celebration of achievements and a new take on a traditional startup graduation event for the program -- will bring together entrepreneurs from the Oregon State University Advantage Accelerator/ RAIN Corvallis program this week The sessions will include: The Futurists from 2:30-3:45 p.m., a panel-style event focused on OSU technologies available for commercialization. This will feature “The Future of Robotics,” by Johnathan Hurst; “Advances in Sustainable Materials and Green Chemistry,” by Doug Keszler; “Life Science Innovations,” by Joe Beckman; “Wind Turbine Wildlife Sensor,” by Robert Albertani; “Novel Drug for Type-1 Diabetes and Autoimmune Disorders,” by Siva Kolluri; and “Treatment for Hypertension,” by Patrick Iversen. A session on Hot Startups from 4-4:45 p.m. will include three-minute pitches by “Accelerate” clients, followed by a short awards ceremony. Companies include Hytchr, Julvia Technologies, Coyle, Seiji’s Bridge, Theory Software, and Jitterbug. The event is free and open to the public, and attendees can choose to attend one, two, or three sessions. Register online.
Startup Showcase | DATE: Thurs., Oct. 20 | TIME: 5:30 – 7 pm | PLACE: LaSells Stewart Center
Register/RSVP for MIME PechaKucha Event
All MIME student organizations are invited to prepare for a PechaKucha presentation event, a new style of presentation and public speaking, and give a pitch about their group. The PechaKucha format, which allots a speaker 20 slides shown for 20 seconds each, is a framework to develop engaging, short presentation skills as well as to showcase and share information in a social and creative session. The best pitch will win $1,000 for their group, with the runner-up earning $500. (One presenter per group.) The PowerPoint is due on Fri.., Oct. 28 by 5 pm. The event is open to all MIME students, faculty and guests, and there will be free pizza. Please register and RSVP by Oct. 28.
PechaKucha Night | DATE: Tues., Nov. 1 | TIME: 4 pm | PLACE: KEC 1001
Mark Your Calendar
Concentrated Solar Power: Thermal-Fluids Sciences Seminar Series
Dr. Nick AuYeung, assistant professor in the School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering at Oregon State University, will present "Status and Potential for Solar Thermochemical Energy Storage in a Sustainable Society" as part of the Thermal-Fluid Sciences Seminar series. This talk will highlight some of the successes and challenges that remain for concentrated solar to be effectively coupled with a thermochemical energy storage sub-system. In addition to power generation, other applications that could transform the daily lives of people in both developed and low resource areas will be discussed. Potential applications of solar thermochemical energy storage are wide-ranging and could include heating, drying, cooking, and sanitation. Refreshments will be offered.
TFS Seminar | DATE: Fri., Oct. 21 | TIME: 1 PM | PLACE: Rogers 226
Biological Materials Science Seminar
Steven E. Naleway, assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Utah, will discuss the interconnected fields of biological materials science and bioinspired design this week as part of the Materials Science seminar series. Dr. Naleway will look at the potential of biological materials science to provide ingenious solutions to modern engineering problems by harnessing the hundreds of millions of years of design experience offered by evolution.
Materials Science Seminar | DATE: Thurs., Oct. 20 | TIME: 3 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
OSU AIAA to Host Former NASA Engineer
On behalf of the OSU AIAA, Dr. Roger Diehl, a former JPL Engineer, will present "Alien Landscapes: Discoveries from Mars and the Outer Solar System", as part of the NASA Solar System Ambassadors Program. His presentation will discuss recent discoveries from Pluto, Mars, and the moons of Saturn. Amazing satellite imagery will be shown. Come and learn more about the worlds beyond our own and about current NASA missions. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Diehl NASA Talk | DATE: Thurs., Oct. 20 | TIME: 6 PM | PLACE: OWEN 102
MIME Special Seminar with MIT’s Dr. Slocum
Dr. Alex Slocum, the Pappalardo Professor of Mechanical Engineering at MIT, will be giving a special MIME seminar at 4pm on Friday, October 21. Professor Slocum's primary research area is design, and extends into areas including manufacturing, clean energy, and biomedical devices. His seminar will focus on "Symbiotic Systems for Energy, Water, and Food."
MIME Seminar | DATE: Fri., Oct. 21 | TIME: 4 pm | PLACE: Kearney 112
Women’s Leadership Lecture Series
The College of Business invites students to a seminar "Diversity & Decision Making: The Importance of Women in the Boardroom" with Patty Bedient, forest industry expert, corporate board member and community leader. Bedient is a retired executive vice president of Weyerhaeuser Co. The event is part of the "Susan J. McGregor Memorial Lecture on Women’s Leadership" series.
Women in the Boardroom | DATE: Thurs., Nov. 3 | TIME: 7 pm | PLACE: LaSells Stewart Center, Austin Auditorium
Shake, Rattle and Roll – Earthquake Awareness, Preparedness and Response
The Willamette Valley Section of the Society for Women Engineers (SWE) is hosting a panel discussion on earthquake awareness, preparedness and response. Our panelists will address the topic of how to best prepare for “the big one.” We will receive an overview of the impact of a Cascadia subduction zone earthquake on Oregon, particularly the coast to the Willamette valley, and how structures in the area are expected to do in the event of a large quake as well as other potential issues related to infrastructure resiliency. We will also hear about how well-prepared we are as a society to respond to the subsequent issues following an earthquake, and how individuals can prepare. All are welcome to attend. Our panelists include: Dr. Andre Barbosa, Civil and Construction Engineering, OSU, Col. Mathew, Oregon National Guard, Michael Bamberger, OSU Emergency Manager. For questions please contact Dr. Toni Doolen firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 541.737.5974.
Shake, Rattle, Roll | DATE: Tues., Nov. 1 | TIME: 5:30 | PLACE: LInC 368
If you want to include your event, please email the MIME E-Bulletin box with the details. Requests must be received by noon on Friday for inclusion in the following Monday's e-bulletin. This is a partial listing of upcoming School and College-related events – it is NOT a comprehensive listing of everything that is happening on campus.
Thurs., Oct. 27
MIME Graduate Defense: "Chemical solution deposition and advanced characterization of Pb-free, Bi-based, piezoelectric thin films," by Ashley Diane Mason, candidate for Doctor of Philosophy in Materials Science. Major Professor: Dr. Brady J. Gibbons. 12:30 PM, Kelley 1005.
Fri., Oct. 28
MIME Graduate Defense: "Prompt Gamma Neutron Activation Analysis of Niobium for Characterization of Light Interstitials," by Ian J. Love, candidate for Master of Science in Materials Science. Major Professor: Dr. Julie D. Tucker. 1 PM, Rogers 237.
Engineers Without Borders General Meeting and Demo
This week Engineers Without Borders general meeting will start at 5pm at the SEC Plaza. There will be several stations set up where students get to try out different surveying devices (leveling, total stations, GNSS/GPS, laser scanning, UAVs) and then see some of the data that they collect. Students will have the opportunity to learn a lot if they come. We're putting the event on with the help of some faculty and graduate students from the Civil & Construction Engineering CE department.
EWB Meeting and Demo | DATE: Thurs. Oct. 20 | TIME: 5 pm | PLACE: SEC Plaza
Materials Research Society Science Demo Featuring Project X
The Materials Research Society student club will be holding SCIENCE DEMONSTRATION meeting 10/20/16 at 6pm in Rogers 440 Please join us and Project X for cookies and a demonstration on brittle fracture using Liquid Nitrogen. MRS is a professional development organization that provides unique learning opportunities in materials science. Students from all majors are welcome. See the website for more information.
Materials Research Society | DATE: Thurs., Oct. 20 | TIME: 6-7 pm | PLACE: Rogers 440
ASHRAE Kickoff Meeting with Northwest Renewable Energy Corp.
Are you interested in sustainable energy issues in the built environment? Then come to the first OSU ASHRAE meeting to learn more about the organization including upcoming site tours/tech talks, the 2016-17 design competition and future leadership opportunities. Jason Wright, president of Northwest Renewable Energy Corp. (NWREC) in McMinnville, Oregon, will talk about solar-powered equipment for reducing energy consumption in large warehouses and discuss an ongoing research project partnering NWREC, School of MIME and Oregon BEST. Pizza and drinks will be provided. For more information email ASHRAE president John Tijerina (email@example.com)
ASHRAE Kickoff | DATE: Thurs., Oct. 20 | TIME: 5-6 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
OSU-Cascades Energy Systems Engineering Program
School of MIME faculty from the OSU-Cascades campus in Bend, Ore., will visit this month to meet with students interested in the Energy Systems Engineering (ESE) undergraduate program. Drs. Robin Feuerbacher and Rebecca Webb will be hosting an informational session for pre-engineering students on Wednesday, Oct. 26th from 12-1 pm in Rogers 226. They will also be available to answer questions about the program from 1 – 2 pm in the same room. Come learn about this in-demand career track, and how the undergrad program fits into your academic plan.
ESE Info Session | DATE: Wed., Oct. 26 | TIME: 12-1 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
ESE Q&A | DATE: Wed., Oct. 26 | TIME: 12-1 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
MPRL Opening Hours – Fall Term, Week Four
Keep track of the Machining and Product Realization Lab operational hours at their web page. The schedule at the Machining and Product Realization Lab for this week is:
Sunday – closed | Monday – 12 - 9 pm | Tuesday – 12 – 2; 4- 9 pm | Wednesday – 12 - 9 pm | Thursday – 8 am - 9 pm | Friday – 2 - 9 pm | | Saturday – 9 am - 9 pm
Scholarships, REUs, Fellowships and Calls for Papers
Institute for Broadening Participation Announces Application Season
The Institute for Broadening Participation has a large number of upcoming graduate fellowship and undergraduate scholarship deadlines. Many programs have application deadlines in the coming weeks and months, so please review their offerings. The mission of the Institute for Broadening Participation is to increase diversity in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. We design and implement strategies to increase access to STEM education, funding, and careers, with special emphasis on reaching and supporting individuals from underserved communities and underrepresented groups, including underrepresented minorities, women, persons with disabilities, first generation college students, and students from underserved communities.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Accepting Proposals
The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is now accepting proposals. The program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students who are pursuing research-based master's and doctoral degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and in STEM education. The deadline in the category "Computer and Information Science and Engineering; Engineering; Materials Research" is Oct. 25.
OSU Undergrad Research Opportunity: Systems Bio-Medicine
The laboratory of Systems Bio-Medicine at the College of Pharmacy under the direction of Dr. Andrey Morgun (http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/morgunshulzhenkolabs) is seeking several students to be members of a research team. We are seeking students for multiple openings in our lab. The experimental positions will include laboratory maintenance, basic laboratory tasks involving DNA and RNA analysis, and cell culture studies. Previous basic laboratory training or coursework and basic computer skills are required. The computational positions will include computational analysis on next generation sequencing data and network biology. Preference will be given to students proficient in one of the following: R, MySQL, MatLab, Python, C++/C, Java or Perl. This student would be expected to work 10-15 hours per week. To apply, please email Dr. Richard Rodrigues at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume including coursework, GPA, and possible hours of availability.
Call for Papers ASEE Annual Conference 2017
The Military and Veterans Constituent Committee (MVCC), a committee of both civilian and military academics, invites papers for the 2017 ASEE Annual Conference in all areas of engineering education that address topics of interest to active duty military and veterans in their pursuit of careers in the engineering profession. These can include Academic Reintegration; Education Pedagogy; Innovative Teaching and Learning Approaches; Models for Military Experience to Academic Recognition; Use of Big Data; Integrating Active Duty and Veteran Student Experience into the Classrooms and Programs; Course and Curriculum Assessment; Integrating Research and Education; Distance Education; Competency Based Education Models; DoD Research Exposure; Communication; and Institutional Veterans Support Programs. MVCC sponsors a Best Paper award consisting of a plaque.
International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization
Call for Papers: We invite submissions of novel research articles for a forthcoming issue of Networks. This special issue is associated with the 4th International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (ISCO 2016) that was held in Vietri sul Mare, Italy, May 16-18, 2016. However it is also open to papers which have not been presented at the conference. High quality research papers are solicited to address theoretical as well as practical issues of Combinatorial Optimization of a theoretical or practical nature involving graphs. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: Approximation algorithms, Graph coloring, Polyhedral combinatorics, Exact algorithms, Graph and network algorithms, Computational complexity, Network flow theory, Location theory, Fast algorithms for special graph classes, Scheduling algorithms.
The deadline for submission of full papers is October 31, 2016. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the following address: email@example.com
Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process.
Lehigh University Management Science and Engineering
The Industrial and Systems Engineering Department at Lehigh University is pleased to announce the availability of a fellowship opportunity for those individuals wishing to advance their knowledge in Management Science and Engineering. The fellowship, provides for full tuition toward 30 credits of master’s degree study (no stipend is provided). Apply by Feb. 15, 2017.
Job and Internship Opportunities
Insitu seeks a software engineer to be a member of our Simulation Team supporting our Unmanned Aircraft Systems that are in continuous development, operating in multiple countries throughout the world performing diverse, critical missions for our clients.
Adidas is looking to hire a Store Operations Manager - Best Practice/Process Improvement. They are looking for candidates with a degree in Industrial Engineering who are familiar with engineering processes. This position is out of the Portland North American Headquarters.
These MIME-related job opportunities are a selection of what is available at the OSU Beaver Careers postings. Opportunities are listed in order of closing date:
- Retronix Semiconductor seeks an Entry Level Field Service Engineer Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13963
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Materials Planner Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14750
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Master Scheduler Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14751
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Supply Chain Analyst Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14838
- Tesla Motors seeks a Firmware Engineer Location: Palo Alto, CA Job ad expires on: 10/22/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14040
- DHL Express seeks an Operation Supervisor Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 10/23/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14059
- E. & J. Gallo - Modesto has Engineering Internships (6 months) Location: Modesto, Livingston, Fresno, CA Job ad expires on: 10/24/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14072
- Columbia Steel Casting Co., Inc. seeks a Product Engineering Manager Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 10/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14603
- Dassault Systemes has an Education Material Internship Location: Seattle Wa Job ad expires on: 10/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14091
- Hitachi Consulting seeks a Consultant Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 10/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12523
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist 1 Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/27/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14739
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Manufacturing Process Analyst Location: Hillsboro, OR; Job ad expires on: 10/27/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14748
- Nalco Water has a Summer 2017 Internship Location: Vancouver, WA or Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14520
- Pariveda Solutions seeks a Software Development Consultant Location: Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13313
- Pariveda Solutions seeks a Software Development Intern Location: Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13314
- Tesla Motors seeks an Autopilot Software and UI New Grad Location: Palo Alto Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13681
- Barry-Wehmiller Design Group seeks a Project Engineer - Entry Level Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 10/29/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14145
- Anderson Perry & Associates seeks a Project Engineer (7 to 10+ years experience) Location: Central Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12413
- Anderson Perry & Associates seeks a Project Engineer (7 to 10+ years experience) Location: La Grande, OR Job ad expires on: 10/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12435
- RuleTek seeks an Associate System Architect Location: Meridian, Idaho Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14167
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Intern Location: Various cities in the Northwest Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14182
- Nitori Holdings Co., Ltd. has a Nitori International Trainee Position (based in Japan) Location: Tokyo metropolitan area Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14437
- Facebook seeks a Data Center Technician Location: Prineville, OR Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 10524
- Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation seeks an Associate Engineer Location: Scoville, Idaho Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13089
- NIKE, Inc. seeks a Digital Intern Location: Beaverton, Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14760
- NIKE, Inc. seeks an Analytics Digital Intern Location: Beaverton, Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14761
- Precision Castparts Corp. has an Operations Managment Development Program Location: various US locations Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13899
- Amazon seeks an Area Manager Location: Nationwide, US Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14823
- Cambia Health Solutions has a DTS Data Analyst Internship Location: Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201 Job ad expires on: 11/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14722
- Hajoca Corporation seeks a Management Trainee - Northwest Region (Northern CA/WA/OR/UT/WY) Location: Moses Lake, WA Job ad expires on: 11/3/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13720
- Tesla Motors seeks an Integration Engineer Location: Palo Alto Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14391
- Frontier Rail seeks a Summer 2017 Transportation Manager Internship for Engineering Graduates Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14401
- Sustainable Mechanical Systems, LLC seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14403
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration seeks a Junior Officer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/15/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14442
- Marten Transport seeks a Fleet Manager Location: Wilsonville, OR Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14492
- Quicklet seeks a Full-Stack Engineer Location: virtual Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14481
- InFlight Corporation seeks a Backend Software Developer (Remote) Location: Raleigh, NC Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14483
- PhySep seeks a Mineral Exploration Location: Mackenzie BC Canada Job ad expires on: 11/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14500
- International Paper seeks a REACH Engineer Location: nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/20/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14534
- International Paper seeks a REACH Co-op/Intern Location: nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/20/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14535
- Silicon Valley Bank seeks a Associate Development Program - January 2017 Location: Boston or Palo Alto Job ad expires on: 11/21/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12711
- Concrete Technology Corporation seeks a Project Manager Location: Tacoma, WA Job ad expires on: 11/22/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14565
- Translations.com seeks a Project Coordinator Location: Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 11/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14592
- SCHREIBER FOODS, INC. seeks an Operations Intern Location: Multiple Locations Job ad expires on: 11/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14688
- SCHREIBER FOODS, INC. seeks a Production Supervisor Location: Multiple Locations Job ad expires on: 11/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14689
- Eaton Corporation seeks a Non-Rotational Operations Leadership Development Program Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14090
- Linn County General Services seeks a Temporary Drafter Location: Albany, Oregon Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14436
- Near Space Corporation seeks a Range Safety Officer (RSO) Location: Tillamook, OR Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12897
- Near Space Corporation seeks an Aerospace Engineer / Flight Test Engineer - UAS Location: Tillamook, Oregon United States Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12900
- Micron Technology, Inc. seeks an Oregon State University Engineering Intern Location: Boise, ID Job ad expires on: 12/4/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14773
- Johnson Controls seeks a HVAC Controls Systems Designer I Location: Milwaukie, OR Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14852
- Chase Doors Division of Senneca seeks an Engineering Intern Location: Redmond, Oregon Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14854
- Georgia-Pacific LLC seeks an Engineering Intern/Co-op Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14856
- Georgia-Pacific LLC seeks an Entry Level Engineer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14857
- Siemens Corporation seeks a Siemens Sales Development Program Location: Portland, OR and Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14864
- Siemens Corporation seeks a Technical Sales Intern Summer 2017 Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14865
- Apex Systems seeks a Recruiter Inside Sales Trainee Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 12/12/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14911
- Advance Testing Company, Inc. seeks an Engineering Technician Location: Campbell Hall Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13037
- Electro Industries seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Westbury, NY Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14820
- Tritek Solutions seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Washington or Oregon Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14845
- Precision Measurements and Instruments Corporation (PMIC) seeks a Project Engineer Location: Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14242
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Intern Location: Various cities in the Northwest Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14181
- Target Corporation seeks an Operations Manager Location: Albany, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14183
- Target Corporation seeks an Operations Manager Location: Albany, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/201 Beaver Careers ID: 7118
Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
- The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Case Western Reserve University is seeking applications for a tenure-track faculty position in thermal-fluid sciences. Apply by Oct. 21.
- NEW -- The University of Central Florida (UCF) seeks candidates for a tenure/tenure-track position in the area of energy conversion and population. Open until filled.
- NEW -- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Saint Martin’s University invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level. Materials, questions and inquiries should be sent electronically to Ms. Hopie Lopez, Executive Assistant to the Dean. Apply by Oct. 30.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Mississippi State University is seeking candidates for four tenure-track faculty positions in multiple areas, including Energy Systems, Alternative and Renewable Energy, Heat Transfer, Dynamics and Vibrations, Mechanical Design, Solid Mechanics and Computational Engineering/HPC. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia has multiple openings for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor positions from all research areas, including advanced manufacturing, analytics, applied probability and stochastic systems, economic decision analysis, health systems, machine learning, optimization, quantitative and computational finance, simulation, statistics, supply chain and logistics, and system informatics and control. Application is now open.
- NEW -- The Mechanical Engineering Department at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) has two faculty positions available in the areas of Advanced Manufacturing (at assistant professor level) and Physical Metallurgy (at associate or full professor level). Application is now open.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Catholic University of America is actively seeking to recruit a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of mechanical engineering. Open until filled.
- The Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University seeks 3-4 outstanding tenure-track hires, considering candidates in the areas of smart manufacturing, healthcare, supply chain management, quality/reliability, human centered design, big data analytics, and/or energy systems. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has opportunities for an endowed career development chair, Chatter Chair, for exceptional candidates in the area of energy harvesting and storage, and also an open tenure/tenure-track Energy Science and Engineering position. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is inviting applicants for three job postings: 1) The ME department is searching for candidates in the area of controls (Apply by Dec. 15); 2) The College of Engineering is conducting a broad search in the area of solid mechanics. The candidate can choose their appropriate home department. (Apply by Nov. 1); 3) The Grainger Institute for Engineering is conducting a broad search in the area of energy. The candidate can choose their appropriate home department. (Apply by Dec. 15)
- The Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign invites applications for at least three full-time open-rank faculty positions in the areas of: Systems Engineering and Design (position is supported by a $2M endowment); Healthcare Systems Engineering and Cognitive Engineering - especially aging populations; Controls/Optimization/Operations Research; Internet of Things/Analytics/Big Data Physical Ergonomics/Biomechanics. Apply by Nov. 1
- NEW -- The Engineering Department of Trinity College has a tenure-track position, assistant professor level, in Mechanical Engineering. Scholarly work in structural analysis, biomechanics, micro- and nano-mechanics, mechatronics, robotics, or MEMS is particularly interesting. Apply by Nov. 1.
- NEW -- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of New Hampshire invites applications for a tenure track position in Ocean Engineering, a hire at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at California State University, Northridge has tenure-track faculty positions in the areas of mechatronics, robotics, and mechanisms of machinery. Apply by Nov. 7.
- The Department of Industrial and System Engineering (ISE) at Rutgers University seeks candidates for a tenure-track position contributing to advances in manufacturing or energy fields. Apply by Nov. 9.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Utah invites applications for three tenure track positions in the areas of i) solid mechanics, ii) design and/or manufacturing, and iii) thermal sciences. Apply by Dec. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites applications for two full-time faculty positions in the areas of fluid mechanics (tenure-track Assistant Professor), and micro and nanoscale thermal sciences and their application to energy systems (tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenured Associate Professor). Apply by Dec. 9.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Delaware has a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of thermal fluids with applications in energy, environment or manufacturing. Apply by Dec. 15.
- The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, is seeking candidates for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor in the areas of operations research, production and service systems, manufacturing, and human factors and
- ergonomics. Apply by Dec. 16.
- The Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)-Chicago has faculty positions available in the areas of (1) autonomous systems and (2) materials. Apply by Jan. 1, 2017
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Loyola Marymount University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in bioengineering and/or advanced solid mechanics and design at the Assistant Professor level. Apply by Jan. 15, 2017.
- NEW -- The newly established Mechanical Engineering program at the University of West Florida has two faculty openings. One position will be based in Pensacola and the other at our satellite campus in Fort Walton Beach. Apply by Jan. 31, 2017.
- NEW -- McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada has a new teaching-track opening in the area of Engineering Design. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio (including statement of teaching philosophy, description of pedagogical scholarly activities, and recent teaching evaluations), examples of supervised design projects, and the name and address/contact information for at least four references to: Dr. Marilyn Lightstone, Professor & Chair | Department of Mechanical Engineering | McMaster University, JHE‐310 | Hamilton, ON Canada L8S 4L7 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward newsletter submissions to email@example.com by 5 pm on Friday to appear in the following Monday’s issue. For access to past MIME E-Bulletins, visit the e-bulletin archives.