a.) Pre-ME, Pre-IE, Pre-MfgE and Pre-ESE Students
In order to receive your PIN for fall term registration you must:
- Update your Academic Plan and print two copies.
- Calculate your pre-core GPA using the College of Engineering's Pre-Core GPA Tracking Tool, and make a printout.
- Schedule an Appointment with your advisor.
- Bring the two copies of your academic plan (one for your advisor, one for your records) and the printout of your pre-core GPA to the advising appointment.
At this appointment your advisor will review your academic plan, and you can also discuss any other topics of interest or concern. At the end of the appointment, if your advisor signs off on your academic plan, you will receive your PIN for fall term registration.
If your plan is not approved, you must make the necessary modifications and then schedule another advising appointment. If your modified plan is approved at this second appointment, you will receive your PIN for fall term registration. Otherwise, you must repeat this process until the plan is approved.
b.) Pro-ME, Pro-IE and Pro-MfgE Students
Your PIN for fall term registration will be sent to your ONID email account by the fifth week of spring term if you:
- Have an up-to-date Academic Plan in your student file
- Are making satisfactory progress towards your degree requirements
Should any of the following situations apply, however, you will be notified via ONID email by the fifth week that you must meet with your advisor prior to registering for fall term. In this case, you should schedule an advising appointment immediately. You will not receive your fall term registration PIN unless and until the problematic situation has been resolved.
- Not having an updated academic plan in your student file
- Not making satisfactory progress towards your degree requirements.
Satisfactory progress is defined as having passed required coursework in the preceding spring and summer terms, remaining in good academic standing as defined by both OSU and the CoE, and being at or above the OSU GPA specified for your major.