The School of Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering offers multiple options for accessing faculty research expertise, obtaining assistance with industry projects, and forming other kinds of School–Industry partnerships:
- Take advantage of the wide range of Industry Research Collaboration opportunities for MIME industry partners. These options are designed to accommodate multiple levels of company engagement and investment.
- Sponsor an MIME Capstone Design project. Industry-Sponsored MIME Capstone Design Projects [download a summary PDF] provide outstanding real-world learning opportunities for MIME seniors – and they are also winning arrangements for the sponsoring organizations.
- Work with us to establish long-term industry–university research partnerships in specialty areas of interest to your organization. For more information about our faculty's research specialties, see our Faculty Research Directory.
- Engage MIME faculty as research fellows at your company. Many of our faculty are on 9-month appointments and are interested in gaining industry experience and exposure through summer research opportunities.
- Join the ranks of companies that have endowed faculty positions at OSU such as the Boeing Professorship in Mechanical Engineering.