- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, 2010
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2007
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2004
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering (Energy Systems Engineering) at Oregon State University, 2017
- Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton and Technical Advisor to US DOE Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy, 2013-2017
- Lead Advanced Systems Engineer at General Electric, 2011-2013
- Engineer in various industries, 2002-2006
Dr. Bahman Abbasi's current esearch activities include water-energy nexus, control systems in thermal-fluid applications, and advanced metals and materials.
Dr. Bahman Abbasi joined Oregon State University in 2017 as an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Before joining OSU he worked as an Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton and a Technical Advisor to US Department of Energy with wide-ranging experience in power generation systems, solar-thermal energy, high-temperature materials, light metals production and recycling, water-energy nexus, among other energy technologies. Prior to that he worked in various industries; including, natural gas pipes manufacturing, automotive, as well as a Lead Engineer at General Electric. He received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maryland in 2010 with focus on phase-change phenomena and heat transfer, and has authored 20 technical publications including 5 issued patents.