317 Graf Hall
This course introduces state-space methods for the control of linear multivariable systems. Basic topics include generation of state-space models for systems and assessment of their stability, controllability, and observability. Building on these principles, advanced topics include the design of feedback controllers and state estimators.
- Generation of state-space models for systems
- Assessment of their stability, controllability, and observability
- Design of feedback controllers and state estimators
The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Formulate state-space models for multivariable dynamical systems,
- Determine the stability and observability of these systems, and
- Design feedback controllers and observers that generate desired behavior from these systems.