This Week's Features | Mark Your Calendar | Announcements | Scholarships, REUs and Fellowships | Jobs and Internships | Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
This Week's Features
The Age of Self-Driving Cars
Driverless cars are being tested on America’s roads right now. Cars without steering wheels or pedals have been approved for the road in California. Ford hopes to have a fleet of driverless cars on the roads in 2021. The US Department of Transportation has published guidelines for the automakers. Do you trust the technology? What are the risks? What are the benefits for persons with disabilities and the general population? Bill Smart, associate professor of robotics, discussed these questions and more with a panel at City Club of Eugene.
Mark Your Calendar
Occupational Ergonomics and Biomechanics Research Lab Open House
The HFES Student Chapter at OSU invites you to learn about their research and participate in equipment demonstrations. Refreshments will be provided.
May 24 | 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Women's Building, Room 11
- Idaho National Labs Fellowships, Internships, and Post-Docs
Marsha Bala, R&D Strategic Initiatives Relationship Manager, will be on campus to discuss internship, fellowship, and post-doctoral opportunities at Idaho National Laboratory. Bala manages INL’s National University Consortium. The NUC is a partnership between INL, Oregon State University, MIT, North Carolina State University, The Ohio State University, and University of New Mexico, which furthers the nation’s nuclear energy objectives.
May 25 | 9 -10 a.m. | Radiation Center C104 | All Interested Students and Faculty Welcome
Grad School Info Night
Please join us for light refreshments and a presentation by the OSU Graduate School covering the basics of graduate education. Learn the benefits of a graduate degree, the basic admissions process and requirements, and how to pay for a graduate degree.
May 25 | 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. | Lonnie B. Harris Black Cultural Center & streaming online
- MIME Graduation Celebration
June 16 | 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. | LaSells Stewart Center
- Oregon State University Commencement
June 17 | 10:30 a.m. | Reser Stadium
Scholarships, REUs and Fellowships
Job and Internship Opportunities
NOTE: The Career Development Center has transitioned to a new career management platform. Beaver Careers has been replaced with Handshake , a networked platform that allows employers to connect with students nationwide and advertise significantly more job and internship opportunities than currently offered. Due to the number of postings, the MIME e-bulletin will no list postings available on Handshake. Sign up for handshake at oregonstate.joinhandshake.com .
- RevMedx is seeking a mechanical engineer to join their process engineering group supporting production, continuous improvement projects and working with product development to support DFM activities. For more information or to apply, contact Jerry.Peasley@revmedx.com.
- Moog Medical Devices is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern in the Salt Lake City, Utah office. The paid Engineering Internship will provide an opportunity for mechanical engineering students to get hands-on experience working with engineers in the medical device industry. More...
- Georgia Pacific's Albany, OR Chemicals Facility is seeking a chemical or mechanical engineering student as an intern in their facility for the Summer of 2017. This particular role would be include reviewing and redlining existing plant P&ID's, exposure to project management, safety and production meetings, PHA involvement and other manufacturing related processes. Apply here (you must create an account to view the posting).
- National Energy Technology Laboratory has an internship for Developing Materials & Manufacturing Techniques for Building Adv. Reactor Systems (BS, Undergrad) in Albany, OR. More here.
- Key Technology, has an open position for a Technical Buyer. They believe a student from the Manufacturing program at OSU could potentially be a great fit for this position in Walla Walla, WA. See more .
- Orange Media Network is hiring over 2 dozen student positions, and ALL MAJORS ARE WELCOME! We have a variety of positions open for different fields: journalism, web development, creative media, sales, marketing and more. OMN is a great place for students to gain experience in an industry-level facility with transferable skills, and students are not required to be an expert in any area as we have a wide range of training opportunities. For more information, job descriptions, and to apply, please visit: http://sli.oregonstate.edu/omn/getinvolved.
Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
- Georgia Southern University has multiple visiting assistant professor positions for Ph.D. graduates and post-docs. They are currently looking to fill multiple general term limited visiting assistant professor positions with teaching emphasis in the areas of Materials Processing and Materials Science, Solid Modeling-Engineering Graphics,and/or General Engineering Sciences. The positions are for the 2017-18 academic year, with a starting date of August 1, 2017.
- Villanova has an opening for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor, Mechanical Engineering. The position will require 12 contact hours of teaching each semester. The fall load will be two sections of statics and two of lab.
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering at Rowan University invites applicants for part-time visiting faculty positions.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Prairie View A&M University invites applications for two tenure-track positions at Assistant Professor level. The starting date for the positions is September 1, 2017.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Western New England University seeks applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor position, beginning in August 2017. Candidates should have an interest and expertise in any of the following areas: applications of mechatronics, robotics, process automation, and control.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Northern Arizona University (NAU) invites applications for a non-tenure track Lecturer position in our program to begin August 21, 2017. This Lecturer will be teaching both lower- and upper-division undergraduate classes and laboratories in engineering design, solid mechanics and thermal-fluids sciences. Job ID: 603127.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (New Mexico Tech) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering position.
- PathwaysToScience.org has 167 different postdoc and early career opportunities posted on the site, including postdoctoral fellowships, grants, travel awards, mentoring opportunities, and more. Browse the full list of opportunities here.
Forward newsletter submissions to email@example.com by 5 pm on Friday to appear in the following Monday’s issue. For access to past MIME E-Bulletins, visit the e-bulletin archives.