Spring term, even years
ME 332 or 332H;
324 Rogers Hall
An advanced treatment of forced and natural convection heat transfer processes emphasizing the underlying physical phenomena. Current topical literature will be considered; analytical problem solving is included.
- Conservation equations for laminar and turbulent flows
- Order of magnitude analysis
- Integral analysis
- Similarity analysis
- Natural convection
- Forced convection
- External flow
- Internal flow
- Momentum and heat transfer analogy
The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Identify various terms in a convective heat transport equation and assess their importance by an order of magnitude analysis.
- Analyze classical external and internal convective flows using differential and integral solution techniques.
- Comprehend and critically interpret literature in convection heat transfer.