The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Derive the position, velocity, angular velocity, acceleration, and angular acceleration vectors associated with three-dimensional rigid body motion.
- Formulate and solve three-dimensional kinematics problems using Euler angles, direction cosines or quaternions.
- Formulate and solve kinematics problems for mechanical devices with constraints.
- Derive the dynamic equations of motion for a three-dimensional rigid body using Newtonian dynamics.
- Generate the dynamic equations of motion for systems of rigid bodies using Newtonian dynamics.