Available select terms
OSU catalog link
ME 531 or equivalent;
or with instructor's permission
350B Batcheller Hall
A second course in the theoretical design of control systems for systems modeled by linear multivariable differential equations. Topics covered include optimization of functionals, minimum time optimal control problems, linear quadratic regulators, estimators and robust control methods.
- Optimization of functionals
- General optimal control problems
- Minimum time optimal control problems
- Linear quadratic regulator
- MinMax control and H-infinity control
- Output feedback and estimators
- Linear Quadratic Gaussian (LQG) problem
- Linear tracking problems
- Disturbance rejection problems
- Central controller
- Computational methods
The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Derive necessary conditions for optimality.
- Design optimal control for system.
- Design linear control systems using Linear Quadratic Gaussian (LQG).
- Design linear control systems using MinMax.
- Design linear control systems using other robust control techniques.