The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Construct a mathematical model of a dynamic system that includes a control system.
- Simplify mathematical models to linear, time-invariant systems through linearization and/or block diagram reduction.
- Use time domain performance criteria to design single-input, single-output control systems that achieve specified time response, accuracy, and stability requirements.
- Construct and use frequency response tools to design single-input, single-output control systems that achieve specified time response and stability requirements.
- Use MATLAB to design, simulate, and analyze the response of controlled dynamic systems.