The student, upon completion of this course, will be able to:
1. Distinguish various miniaturization technologies and microsystem platforms.
2. Demonstrate the advantages of microchannel scaling laws through analysis.
3. Document the design of a microchannel array.
4. Describe the geometric attributes of importance at both a lamina and device-level and how to characterize these attributes.
5. Determine appropriate material and processing techniques and conditions needed to reliably manufacture a microchannel device.
6. Describe potential defects for various micromanufacturing processes.
7. Develop a tool design for a micromanufacturing process step.
8. Develop a cost estimate for a device based on cycle time, equipment, utility and material estimates for various processes.