Available: see OSU
OSU catalog link
ME 499: Intro to Aerospace Design;
IE 337; senior class
standing ME, IE or MfgE
Fundamental principles of aerospace vehicle design including the conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design phases. Design teams develop business cases and concepts that respond to a set of aerospace requirements. Design projects will integrate all appropriate engineering disciplines as well as issues associated with project planning and management, optimization, cost estimation, industrial design manufacturability and professionalism.
- Principals of aerospace vehicle design
- Develop business cases and concepts
- Design projects integrate appropriate engineering disciplines associated with project planning
The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Apply and integrate design best practice to the development of aero/space systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern aeronautical topics, including aerodynamics, aerospace materials, structures, manufacturing, propulsion, and stability and control in the design process.
- Apply contemporary computer systems to the design of modern flight vehicles, project management and production design.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work in team, manage project priorities and meet project deadlines.