Available Spring term
Graduate standing or instructor approval
Ean H. Ng
404 Rogers Hall
Introduction to research methodologies including surveys, interviews, quasi-experimentation, and case studies. Methods for research design, and collection and analysis of data.
- Defining research success
- Program of study
- Scientific writing
- Literature review
- Scientific presentations
- Overview of res methods
- Synthesis paper presentations
- Human systems research design and analysis
- Simulation research design and analysis
- Info systems research design and analysis
- Nano/micro fabrication research design and analysis
- Persuading your committee
- Presenting findings/drawing conclusions
- Pre-proposal presentations
The student, upon completion of this course, will be able to:
- Articulate the metrics of success within a research career.
- Develop a plan for managing IME degree requirements.
- Identify technical gaps in the literature by conducting a literature review.
- Critique quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies relevant to their research work.
- Demonstrate proposal writing skills by developing a research pre-proposal.
- Demonstrate presentation skills by presenting a research pre-proposal in class.