Available Spring term
Lecture and field visits
406 Rogers Hall
Introduction to the role of engineering in health systems improvements. Emphasis on ongoing challenges in the healthcare industry and interaction with healthcare professionals.
- The Triple Aim
- Engineering in Healthcare
- Electronic Health Records and Workflow
- Lean Conceptualization in Healthcare
- Case Studies and Site Visits
- Describe (identify/write) the underlying concepts of conceptual change management in complex healthcare environments.
- Develop strategies for multi-dimensional analysis of healthcare process improvement problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of the application of engineering tools to healthcare environments.