Oregon State School of MIME E-Bulletin
Weekly Newsletter for the School of Mechanical, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
at Oregon State University
October 31, 2016
This Week's Features
Process Improvement Group Wins Best Paper Award
Congratulations to the Process Improvement Group students, advised by Dr. Chinweike Eseonu, for winning the Best Student Paper Award at the American Society for Engineering Management International Annual Conference. Waleed Mirdad, Lucia Darrow, Paola Grijalva, and Bhuvana Karaikudi won the award for their paper “A Balanced Scorecard Approach for Assessing Social Impact Performance Measures.” The triple bottom line is a system of measuring the financial, environmental and social impacts of business decisions. Financial and environmental indices are widely accepted, but there are no standardized social indices. Dr. Eseonu’s students worked to categorize more than 141 social performance measures using the Balanced Scorecard and used a survey of subject matter experts in conjunction with the DEMATEL method to develop causal relationships between categories of performance measures.
Negotiation Workshop for Women
The Women and Minorities in Engineering program is sponsoring a salary negotiation workshop, based on curriculum from AAUW (Association of University Women). Please register here; dinner is provided. This effective program -- which covers the wide variety of opportunities to negotiate for better situations: salary, work hours, locations, etc. -- has received rave reviews from students who have attended in past years. (*If you are a member of the COE Leadership Academy, this workshop can be used for LA credit.)
Negotiation Workshop for Women | DATE: Wed., Nov. 9 | TIME: 4-6pm | PLACE: Johnson 221
ASME Pumpkin Chunkin’ Brings in High School Design Teams
American Society of Mechanical Engineers is hosting its annual Pumpkin Chunkin' on Sat., Nov. 5 at 2 pm on the field between 11th and Monroe. The event is a pumpkin-launching competition for high school students from around Oregon; these teams build a machine that will toss a pumpkin Everyone is welcome to watch the pumpkins fly through the air. Light refreshments will be served.
Mark Your Calendar
RSVP for the Week 8 Fall Term -- CNC Programming Seminar
Completion of ME 250 is a prerequisite for this course. The seminar will cover basic CNC programming using G-code and operation of the Bridgeport EZ Trak, VMC15 and VMC4525 Fadal Milling Machines. Students who wish to receive their shop CNC qualification should attend this seminar. Reserve your spot by emailing Brian Jensen, as soon as possible because the seminar will be limited to 16 people.
CNC Seminar, Day 1 | DATE: Fri., Nov. 18 | TIME: 3-6 pm | PLACE: Rogers 116
CNC Seminar, Day 2 | DATE: Sat., Nov. 19 | TIME: 8 am - 12 pm | PLACE: Rogers 116
Two Workshops -- Undergrad Research Opportunities
If you are interested in undergraduate research opportunities available over the summer months, now is the time to start preparing. Join us for a one-hour workshop on how to find and develop successful applications for summer research programs. For example, there are opportunities at NASA, Homeland Security, and universities across the nation. Please register/rsvp for either workshop on Nov 7 from 6-7 pm or on Nov 15 from 7-8 (Undergrad Research Workshop 11-15). Please email Alicia Lyman-Holt, Director of Undergraduate Research, with questions. (Alicia.email@example.com)
Research Workshop I | DATE: Fri., Nov. 7 | TIME: 6 pm | PLACE: Kearney 312
Research Workshop II | DATE: Fri., Nov. 15 | TIME: 7 pm | PLACE: Johnson 221
Shake, Rattle and Roll – Earthquake Awareness, Preparedness and Response
The Willamette Valley Section of the Society for Women Engineers (SWE) is hosting a panel discussion on earthquake awareness, preparedness and response. Our panelists will address the topic of how to best prepare for “the big one.” We will receive an overview of the impact of a Cascadia subduction zone earthquake on Oregon, particularly the coast to the Willamette valley, and how structures in the area are expected to do in the event of a large quake as well as other potential issues related to infrastructure resiliency. We will also hear about how well-prepared we are as a society to respond to the subsequent issues following an earthquake, and how individuals can prepare. All are welcome to attend. Our panelists include: Dr. Andre Barbosa, Civil and Construction Engineering, OSU, Col. Mathew, Oregon National Guard, Michael Bamberger, OSU Emergency Manager. For questions please contact Dr. Toni Doolen firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 541.737.5974.
Shake, Rattle, Roll | DATE: Tues., Nov. 1 | TIME: 5:30 | PLACE: LInC 368
Women’s Leadership Lecture Series
The College of Business invites students to a seminar "Diversity & Decision Making: The Importance of Women in the Boardroom" with Patty Bedient, forest industry expert, corporate board member and community leader. Bedient is a retired executive vice president of Weyerhaeuser Co. The event is part of the "Susan J. McGregor Memorial Lecture on Women’s Leadership" series.
Women in the Boardroom | DATE: Thurs., Nov. 3 | TIME: 7 pm | PLACE: LaSells Stewart Center, Austin Auditorium
If you want to include your event, please email the MIME E-Bulletin box with the details. Requests must be received by noon on Friday for inclusion in the following Monday's e-bulletin. This is a partial listing of upcoming School and College-related events – it is NOT a comprehensive listing of everything that is happening on campus.
Thurs., Nov. 3
MIME Graduate Defense: "Corrosion of Carbon and Stainless Steels in H2O-sCO2 Environments for Power Cycle Applications," by Lucas Teeter, candidate for Master of Science in Materials Science. Major Professor: Dr. Julie Tucker. 4:30 PM, Rogers 237.
Fri., Nov. 11
MIME Graduate Defense: “Aircraft Wing Optimization using B-spline Models and Panel Methods,” by Danielle Monique Jackson, candidate for Master of Science in Design. Major Professor: Dr. Christopher Hoyle. 2:30 PM, Rogers 226.
MANRRS Hosts Industry Talk and Annual Fundraiser
MANRRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences) is hosting two great events this week, and they'd love for you to join in. The Weyerhaeuser Industry Talk is Thurs., Nov. 3, from 4 to 5 pm, in STAG 113. Weyerhaeuser is one of the world's largest private owners of timberlands making international forest products. MANRRS has invited a representative from the company to talk to students about Weyerhaeuser, what they do, and what opportunities they provide for students. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. “Food for Fun,” MANRRS' annual fundraiser for the Linn-Benton Food Share and the OSU Emergency Food Pantry is Fri., Nov 4 in the MU Basement from 6 to 9 pm. Come enjoy a night of bowling, billiards, and games! Suggested donations of $3 or 3 cans of food.
Participants wanted for Keyboard Research Project
Researchers from the College of Public Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University are conducting a study measuring how different key travel distances of ultra-low travel keyboards affect physiological, biomechanical exposures, productivity and perceived comfort. They are looking for adults (age: 18-49) who can touch type faster than 40 words per minute using computer keyboards. Subjects should NOT have a pre-existing musculoskeletal disorder in the upper extremities. The duration of the study will be up to 2 hours and 30 minutes. It will be conducted at the Occupational Ergonomic and Biomechanics Laboratory (Women’s Building 11) on the OSU main campus. All of the measurements are non-invasive and minimal risk. Participants will be compensated at $25 per hour. If you are interested in participating in the study or want complete information about the study, please contact: Jay Kim, principal investigator | 541-737-2166 | email@example.com or Jonathan Sisley, research assistant | firstname.lastname@example.org.
MPRL Opening Hours – Fall Term, Week Six
Keep track of the Machining and Product Realization Lab operational hours at their web page. The schedule at the Machining and Product Realization Lab for this week is:
Sunday – closed | Monday – 12 - 9 pm | Tuesday – 12 – 2; 4- 9 pm | Wednesday – 12 - 9 pm | Thursday – 8 am - 9 pm | Friday – 2 - 9 pm | | Saturday – 11 am - 9 pm
Scholarships, REUs, Fellowships and Calls for Papers
Institute for Broadening Participation Announces Application Season
The Institute for Broadening Participation has a large number of upcoming graduate fellowship and undergraduate scholarship deadlines. Many programs have application deadlines in the coming weeks and months, so please review their offerings. The mission of the Institute for Broadening Participation is to increase diversity in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. We design and implement strategies to increase access to STEM education, funding, and careers, with special emphasis on reaching and supporting individuals from underserved communities and underrepresented groups, including underrepresented minorities, women, persons with disabilities, first generation college students, and students from underserved communities.
OSU Undergrad Research Opportunity: Systems Bio-Medicine
The laboratory of Systems Bio-Medicine at the College of Pharmacy under the direction of Dr. Andrey Morgun (http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/morgunshulzhenkolabs) is seeking several students to be members of a research team. We are seeking students for multiple openings in our lab. The experimental positions will include laboratory maintenance, basic laboratory tasks involving DNA and RNA analysis, and cell culture studies. Previous basic laboratory training or coursework and basic computer skills are required. The computational positions will include computational analysis on next generation sequencing data and network biology. Preference will be given to students proficient in one of the following: R, MySQL, MatLab, Python, C++/C, Java or Perl. This student would be expected to work 10-15 hours per week. To apply, please email Dr. Richard Rodrigues at email@example.com. Please attach a resume including coursework, GPA, and possible hours of availability.
International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization
Call for Papers: We invite submissions of novel research articles for a forthcoming issue of Networks. This special issue is associated with the 4th International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (ISCO 2016) that was held in Vietri sul Mare, Italy, May 16-18, 2016. However it is also open to papers which have not been presented at the conference. High quality research papers are solicited to address theoretical as well as practical issues of Combinatorial Optimization of a theoretical or practical nature involving graphs. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: Approximation algorithms, Graph coloring, Polyhedral combinatorics, Exact algorithms, Graph and network algorithms, Computational complexity, Network flow theory, Location theory, Fast algorithms for special graph classes, Scheduling algorithms. The deadline for submission of full papers is October 31. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process.
DOE Scholars Internship Program
Scientific research conducted through the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) supports an improved quality of life for all Americans. With a mission focused on discovering solutions to power and to secure America’s future, DOE is committed to: energy security; nuclear security; scientific discovery and innovation; environmental responsibility; management excellence. The DOE Scholars Program offers unique opportunities that introduce students or post-graduates to the agency’s mission and operations. Participants in the DOE Scholars Program gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings within the DOE complex. Apply by Dec. 15.
Lehigh University Management Science and Engineering
The Industrial and Systems Engineering Department at Lehigh University is pleased to announce the availability of a fellowship opportunity for those individuals wishing to advance their knowledge in Management Science and Engineering. The fellowship, provides for full tuition toward 30 credits of master’s degree study (no stipend is provided). Apply by Feb. 15, 2017.
Job and Internship Opportunities
Re-Engineering the Human Musculoskeletal System from Within: The Robotics and Human Control Systems (RHCS) Lab at Oregon State University has PhD student and post-doctoral positions available starting Fall 2016. The focus of the work will be to augment or restore human function in manipulation and locomotion tasks by designing implantable mechanisms. The post-doctoral fellow position is expected to last two years. Interested parties should email Dr. Balasubramanian (email@example.com) with the subject: "Interested in RHCS Lab Position".
These MIME-related job opportunities are a selection of what is available at the OSU Beaver Careers postings. Opportunities are listed in order of closing date:
- The Wonderful Company seeks a Consultant - Central Valley Location: Delano, CA Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14423
- RuleTek seeks an Associate System Architect Location: Meridian, Idaho Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14167
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Team Leader Location: Various cities - Northwest Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14180
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Intern Location: Various cities in the Northwest Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14182
- Nitori Holdings Co., Ltd. seeks a Nitori International Trainee Position (based in Japan) Location: Tokyo metropolitan area Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14437
- Facebook seeks a Data Center Technician Location: Prineville, OR Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 10524
- Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation seeks an Associate Engineer Location: Scoville, Idaho Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13089
- Nike, Inc. seeks a Nike Digital Intern Location: Beaverton, Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14760
- Nike, Inc. seeks a Nike Analytics Digital Intern Location: Beaverton, Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14761
- Precision Castparts Corp. has an Operations Management Development Program Location: various US locations Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13899
- Portland General Electric seeks an Engineer I/II (R16-588) Location: Boardman, OR Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 15009
- Amazon seeks an Area Manager Location: Nationwide, US Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14823
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist 1 Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 11/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14739
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Manufacturing Process Analyst Location: Hillsboro, OR; Job ad expires on: 11/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14748
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Materials Planner Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 11/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14750
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Supply Chain Analyst Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 11/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14838
- Analog Devices seeks a Various Engineering Internships – Summer 2017 Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/11/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14353
- Tesla Motors seeks an Integration Engineer Location: Palo Alto Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14391
- Frontier Rail seeks a Summer 2017 Transportation Manager Internship for Engineering Graduates Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14401
- The Wonderful Company seeks a Summer Intern 2017 - Central Valley Location: Delano, CA Job ad expires on: 11/14/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14424
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration seeks a Junior Officer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/15/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14442
- Abercrombie & Fitch seeks a Manager in Training Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/17/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14986
- Marten Transport seeks a Fleet Manager Location: Wilsonville, OR Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14492
- Quicklet seeks a Full-Stack Engineer Location: virtual Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14481
- InFlight Corporation seeks a Backend Software Developer (Remote) Location: Raleigh, NC Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14483
- Professional Credit seeks a Client Services Representative Location: Bend, OR Job ad expires on: 11/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14511
- PhySep seeks a Mineral Exploration Location: Mackenzie BC Canada Job ad expires on: 11/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14500
- International Paper seeks a REACH Engineer Location: nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/20/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14534
- International Paper seeks a REACH Co-op/Intern Location: nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/20/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14535
- Concrete Technology Corporation seeks a Project Manager Location: Tacoma, WA Job ad expires on: 11/22/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14565
- Translations.com seeks a Project Coordinator Location: Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 11/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14592
- NuScale Power seeks a Project Controls Specialist Location: Corvallis Job ad expires on: 11/26/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14651
- Schreiber Foods seeks an Operations Intern Location: Multiple Locations Job ad expires on: 11/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14688
- Schreiber Foods seeks a Production Supervisor Location: Multiple Locations Job ad expires on: 11/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14689
- Eaton Corporation seeks a Non-Rotational Operations Leadership Development Program Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14090
- Near Space Corporation seeks a Range Safety Officer (RSO) Location: Tillamook, OR Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12897
- Mass. Electric Construction Co. Industrial seeks an Entry Level Field/Office Engineer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 15111
- HR Cloud seeks a .NET Software Developer Location: Los Angeles, CA Job ad expires on: 12/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14733
- Micron Technology, Inc. seeks an Engineering Intern Location: Boise, ID Job ad expires on: 12/4/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14773
- Johnson Controls seeks a HVAC Controls Systems Designer I Location: Milwaukie, OR Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14852
- Chase Doors Division of Senneca seeks an Engineering Intern Location: Redmond, Oregon Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14854
- Georgia-Pacific LLC seeks an Engineering Intern/Co-op Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14856
- Georgia-Pacific LLC seeks an Entry Level Engineer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14857
- Siemens Corporation seeks a Siemens Sales Development Program Location: Portland, OR and Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14864
- Siemens Corporation seeks a Technical Sales Intern Summer 2017 Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14865
- Betaseed, Inc. seeks a Systems Administrator Location: Tangent, OR Job ad expires on: 12/17/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14970
- Retronix Semiconductor seeks an Entry Level Field Service Engineer Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 12/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 15034
- Advance Testing Company, Inc. seeks an Engineering Technician Location: Campbell Hall Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13037
- Precision Measurements and Instruments Corporation (PMIC) seeks a Project Engineer Location: Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14242
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Intern Location: Various cities in the Northwest Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14181
- Target Corporation seeks an Operations Manager Location: Albany, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14183
- Target Corporation seeks an Operations Manager Location: Albany, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 7118
- adidas seeks a Store Operations Manager – Best Practices / Process Improvement Location: Portland Job ad expires on: 1/1/2017 Beaver Careers ID: 15020
- Energy Northwest seeks an Engineering Intern Location: Richland, WA Job ad expires on: 1/31/2017 Beaver Careers ID: 13938
- Johnson Controls, Inc. seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 1/31/2017 Beaver Careers ID: 14374
- Schneider-Electric seeks a Sales Development Program Location: Lavergne, TN Job ad expires on: 1/31/2017 Beaver Careers ID: 14946
Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
NEW -- The Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering at Kansas State University invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor). Review of applications will commence Nov. 1, and continue until the positions are filled.
- NEW -- The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at Rutgers has tenure/tenured track faculty positions in the following areas: 1) Advanced Manufacturing, 2) Energy Systems, and 3) Aerospace Engineering. These positions are open until filled.
- NEW -- The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Areas of particular interest include large-scale predictive and/or prescriptive analytics, learning and decision-making for real-time control and adaptation, and distributed autonomous systems. Position is open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Mississippi State University is seeking candidates for four tenure-track faculty positions in multiple areas, including Energy Systems, Alternative and Renewable Energy, Heat Transfer, Dynamics and Vibrations, Mechanical Design, Solid Mechanics and Computational Engineering/HPC. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia has multiple openings for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor positions from all research areas, including advanced manufacturing, analytics, applied probability and stochastic systems, economic decision analysis, health systems, machine learning, optimization, quantitative and computational finance, simulation, statistics, supply chain and logistics, and system informatics and control. Application is now open.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) has two faculty positions available in the areas of Advanced Manufacturing (at assistant professor level) and Physical Metallurgy (at associate or full professor level). Application is now open.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Catholic University of America is actively seeking to recruit a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of mechanical engineering. Open until filled.
- The Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University seeks 3-4 outstanding tenure-track hires, considering candidates in the areas of smart manufacturing, healthcare, supply chain management, quality/reliability, human centered design, big data analytics, and/or energy systems. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has opportunities for an endowed career development chair, Chatter Chair, for exceptional candidates in the area of energy harvesting and storage, and also an open tenure/tenure-track Energy Science and Engineering position. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is inviting applicants for three job postings: 1) The ME department is searching for candidates in the area of controls (Apply by Dec. 15); 2) The College of Engineering is conducting a broad search in the area of solid mechanics. The candidate can choose their appropriate home department. (Apply by Nov. 1); 3) The Grainger Institute for Engineering is conducting a broad search in the area of energy. The candidate can choose their appropriate home department. (Apply by Dec. 15)
- The Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign invites applications for at least three full-time open-rank faculty positions in the areas of: Systems Engineering and Design (position is supported by a $2M endowment); Healthcare Systems Engineering and Cognitive Engineering - especially aging populations; Controls/Optimization/Operations Research; Internet of Things/Analytics/Big Data Physical Ergonomics/Biomechanics. Apply by Nov. 1
- The Engineering Department of Trinity College has a tenure-track position, assistant professor level, in Mechanical Engineering. Scholarly work in structural analysis, biomechanics, micro- and nano-mechanics, mechatronics, robotics, or MEMS is particularly interesting. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of New Hampshire invites applications for a tenure track position in Ocean Engineering, a hire at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at California State University, Northridge has tenure-track faculty positions in the areas of mechatronics, robotics, and mechanisms of machinery. Apply by Nov. 7.
- The Department of Industrial and System Engineering (ISE) at Rutgers University seeks candidates for a tenure-track position contributing to advances in manufacturing or energy fields. Apply by Nov. 9.
- NEW -- The Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Kentucky currently has two open positions: 1. A Tenure-Track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the area of Autonomous Systems or Robotics. Apply by Dec. 1. 2. A Lecturer position (non tenure-track) at the Paducah campus in western Kentucky. Apply by Nov. 30.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Utah invites applications for three tenure track positions in the areas of i) solid mechanics, ii) design and/or manufacturing, and iii) thermal sciences. Apply by Dec. 1.
- NEW -- The Mechanical Engineering Department of Virginia Tech has three open tenure-track or tenured faculty positions. Apply by Dec. 5. 1. Combustion (open rank), job number TR0160122; 2. Design & Advanced Manufacturing (Assistant and Associate Professor level), job number TR0160125; 3. Dynamic Systems and Control (open rank), job number TR0160124.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites applications for two full-time faculty positions in the areas of fluid mechanics (tenure-track Assistant Professor), and micro and nanoscale thermal sciences and their application to energy systems (tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenured Associate Professor). Apply by Dec. 9.
- NEW -- The Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics Department at the University of Pennsylvania has two open tenure-track positions, one in Robotics and Controls Apply by Dec. 15, and the other in Scientific Computation. Apply by Dec. 15.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Delaware has a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of thermal fluids with applications in energy, environment or manufacturing. Apply by Dec. 15.
- The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, is seeking candidates for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor in the areas of operations research, production and service systems, manufacturing, and human factors and ergonomics. Apply by Dec. 16.
- The Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)-Chicago has faculty positions available in the areas of (1) autonomous systems and (2) materials. Apply by Jan. 1, 2017.
- NEW -- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Maine invites applications for a tenure track assistant professor in mechanical engineering. The candidate must have a demonstrated track record in engineering design, with an ability to do applied and/or basic research in traditional or emerging areas of interest in mechanical engineering. Apply by Jan. 4, 2017.
- NEW -- Baylor’s School of Engineering and Computer Science invites applications for the position of Chair of Mechanical Engineering. Apply by Jan. 9, 2017.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Loyola Marymount University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in bioengineering and/or advanced solid mechanics and design at the Assistant Professor level. Apply by Jan. 15, 2017.
- The newly established Mechanical Engineering program at the University of West Florida has two faculty openings. One position will be based in Pensacola and the other at our satellite campus in Fort Walton Beach. Apply by Jan. 31, 2017.
- McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada has a new teaching-track opening in the area of Engineering Design. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio (including statement of teaching philosophy, description of pedagogical scholarly activities, and recent teaching evaluations), examples of supervised design projects, and the name and address/contact information for at least four references to: Dr. Marilyn Lightstone, Professor & Chair | Department of Mechanical Engineering | McMaster University, JHE‐310 | Hamilton, ON Canada L8S 4L7 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward newsletter submissions to email@example.com by 5 pm on Friday to appear in the following Monday’s issue. For access to past MIME E-Bulletins, visit the e-bulletin archives.