Oregon State School of MIME E-Bulletin
Weekly Newsletter for the School of Mechanical, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
at Oregon State University
October 24, 2016
This Week's Features
This Week: MECOP Panel Discussion
Come learn more about the Multiple Engineering Cooperative Program (MECOP) during the annual panel event hosted by Oregon State IISE. The panel this year will consist of four students with a total of six different internship experiences between them. This is a great opportunity to ask honest questions and to learn more about some of the potential companies in the program. The companies represented are: A-dec, Veris Industries, PECO, Frito Lay, Garmin, and Selmet. All students are welcome. This is always a very successful and informative event. We hope to see you there.
MECOP Panel | DATE: Wed., Oct. 26 | TIME: 6 pm | PLACE Owen 103
OSU-Cascades Energy Systems Engineering Program
School of MIME faculty from the OSU-Cascades campus in Bend, Ore., will visit this week to meet with students interested in the Energy Systems Engineering (ESE) undergraduate program. Drs. Robin Feuerbacher and Rebecca Webb will be hosting an informational session for pre-engineering students on Wed., Oct. 26 from 12-1 pm in Rogers 226. They will also be available to answer questions about the program from 1-2 pm in the same room. Come learn about this in-demand career track, and how the undergrad program fits into your academic plan.
ESE Info Session | DATE: Wed., Oct. 26 | TIME: 12-1 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
ESE Q&A | DATE: Wed., Oct. 26 | TIME: 12-1 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
Get Ready: Beaver Careers Bring You Career Fair and Prep Days
The Fall Career Fair offers a terrific opportunity to jump-start your job search, and a number of preparatory events. The format has changed slightly from past years, with engineering-specific industries clustered on Wednesday and STEM and health on Thursday. A number of employers attend both days, but some attend just one. School of MIME students are encouraged to review the list of employers attending (below), and attend freely to either or both events to meet the potential employers that interest you.
October 26: Engineering (list of companies attending)
Civil and Construction, Defense and Military, Forestry and Wood Products, Product Manufacturing, Transportation, Water & Environmental Resources (Engineering)
October 27: STEM & Health (list of companies attending)
Agriculture, Defense and Military, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Energy, Engineering Sciences, Environmental, Health, Natural Resources, Process Manufacturing, Robotics, Sciences
Career Fairs | DATE: Oct. 26-27 | TIME: 11 am - 3 pm | PLACE: LaSells Stewart Center
Register/RSVP for MIME PechaKucha Event
All MIME student organizations are invited to prepare for a PechaKucha presentation event, a new style of presentation and public speaking, and give a pitch about their group. The PechaKucha format, which allots a speaker 20 slides shown for 20 seconds each slide, is a framework to develop engaging, short presentation skills as well as to showcase and share information in a social and creative session. The best pitch will win $1,000 for their group, with the runner-up earning $500. (One presenter per group.) The PowerPoint is due on Fri., Oct. 28 by 5 pm. The event is open to all MIME students, faculty and guests, and there will be free pizza. Please register and RSVP by Oct. 28.
PechaKucha Night | DATE: Tues., Nov. 1 | TIME: 4 pm | PLACE: KEC 1001
Mark Your Calendar
Speaker Mustafa Naseem Covers Immunization Tracking, Makerspaces
You are invited to meet Mustafa Naseem this Thursday for his seminars on two topics, immunization tracking and makerspaces. Naseem is an educator, technologist, social entrepreneur, and an expert-in-residence on information and communication technology for development at the ATLAS Institute at CU-Boulder. Naseem also was named a finalist for the Young Laureate competition for the 2016 Rolex Awards for Enterprise. The first talk is on his work to increase routine coverage of vaccines through a redesigned health card and immunization tracking using a custom android app and web-based monitoring platform. The second will be on makerspaces for interdisciplinary collaboration, where he will talk about Make-i-Stan, an ICT makerspace in Lahore, Pakistan and other makerspaces he’s worked with.
Naseem: Immunization | DATE: Thurs. Oct. 27 | TIME: 12 pm |PLACE: Rogers 226
Naseem: Makerspaces | DATE: Thurs. Oct. 27 | TIME: 2 pm |PLACE: Furman 404
Material Science Seminar Features MIME’s Dr. Xu
Dr. Donghua Xu, assistant professor in the School of MIME, will present a discussion for this week's Materials Science seminar. Dr. Xu will present a systematic computational study of the defect accumulation in elemental molybdenum through multi-scale and multi-variable cluster dynamics and object kinetic Monte Carlo models. These models were first developed and validated based on well-controlled in-situ ion irradiation and ex-situ neutron irradiation experiments, and were then applied to address the outstanding question in the nuclear materials society of whether and how ion irradiation can be used to emulate neutron irradiation.
MatSci Seminar | DATE: Thurs., Oct. 27 | TIME: 3 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
Residential Combined Heat and Power Generator Benchmarking
M.S. candidate Zachary Taie, from the Energy Systems Laboratory of Dr. Christopher Hagen, will deliver this week's Thermal-Fluids Science seminar. This discussion will highlight the experimentally determined energy efficiency, exergy efficiency, endurance, and levelized cost of energy for selected state-of-the-art transmission and distribution generators and subsystems.
TFS Seminar Series | DATE: Fri., Oct. 28 | TIME: 1 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
IRIS: Intra-Tissue Refractive Index Shaping
Dr. Jon Ellis of the University of Rochester will present "IRIS: Intra-Tissue Refractive Index Shaping: A new paradigm for refractive correction” in an MIME seminar this week. Dr. Ellis will discuss how altering the refractive index of both hydrogel materials and living cornea shows promise for ophthalmic applications. His research on a novel process, IRIS – Intra-Tissue Refractive Index Shaping uses femtosecond lasers in a mode that induces nonlinear multi-photon absorption and alters the refractive index of transparent materials.
TFS Seminar Series | DATE: Fri., Oct. 28 | TIME: 4 pm | PLACE: Rogers 226
Shake, Rattle and Roll – Earthquake Awareness, Preparedness and Response
The Willamette Valley Section of the Society for Women Engineers (SWE) is hosting a panel discussion on earthquake awareness, preparedness and response. Our panelists will address the topic of how to best prepare for “the big one.” We will receive an overview of the impact of a Cascadia subduction zone earthquake on Oregon, particularly the coast to the Willamette valley, and how structures in the area are expected to do in the event of a large quake as well as other potential issues related to infrastructure resiliency. We will also hear about how well-prepared we are as a society to respond to the subsequent issues following an earthquake, and how individuals can prepare. All are welcome to attend. Our panelists include: Dr. Andre Barbosa, Civil and Construction Engineering, OSU, Col. Mathew, Oregon National Guard, Michael Bamberger, OSU Emergency Manager. For questions please contact Dr. Toni Doolen email@example.com, tel.: 541.737.5974.
Shake, Rattle, Roll | DATE: Tues., Nov. 1 | TIME: 5:30 | PLACE: LInC 368
Women’s Leadership Lecture Series
The College of Business invites students to a seminar "Diversity & Decision Making: The Importance of Women in the Boardroom" with Patty Bedient, forest industry expert, corporate board member and community leader. Bedient is a retired executive vice president of Weyerhaeuser Co. The event is part of the "Susan J. McGregor Memorial Lecture on Women’s Leadership" series.
Women in the Boardroom | DATE: Thurs., Nov. 3 | TIME: 7 pm | PLACE: LaSells Stewart Center, Austin Auditorium
If you want to include your event, please email the MIME E-Bulletin box with the details. Requests must be received by noon on Friday for inclusion in the following Monday's e-bulletin. This is a partial listing of upcoming School and College-related events – it is NOT a comprehensive listing of everything that is happening on campus.
Thurs., Oct. 27
MIME Graduate Defense: "Chemical solution deposition and advanced characterization of Pb-free, Bi-based, piezoelectric thin films," by Ashley Diane Mason, candidate for Doctor of Philosophy in Materials Science. Major Professor: Dr. Brady J. Gibbons. 12:30 PM, Kelley 1005.
Fri., Oct. 28
MIME Graduate Defense: "Prompt Gamma Neutron Activation Analysis of Niobium for Characterization of Light Interstitials," by Ian J. Love, candidate for Master of Science in Materials Science. Major Professor: Dr. Julie D. Tucker. 1 PM, Rogers 237.
Thurs., Nov. 3
MIME Graduate Defense: "Corrosion of Carbon and Stainless Steels in H2O-sCO2 Environments for Power Cycle Applications," by Lucas Teeter, candidate for Master of Science in Materials Science. Major Professor: Dr. Julie Tucker. 4:30 PM, Rogers 226.
Pro-School Workshop and Deadline Reminder
Reminder: the Pro-School application for Winter term admissions is open. Applications are due by 11:55pm on Oct. 31. The College of Engineering will be hosting pro-school application workshop on Thurs., Oct. 27, at 2:00 in Johnson Hall 221. Please bring your laptop, as this will be interactive and will allow you to complete your application during the workshop. If you have any questions please refer the Pro-School FAQ page, or contact the Office of Student Services.
ASME Pumpkin Chunkin’ Brings in High School Design Teams
American Society of Mechanical Engineers is hosting its annual Pumpkin Chunkin' on Sat., Nov. 5 at 2 pm on the field between 11th and Monroe. The event is a pumpkin-launching competition for high school students from around Oregon; these teams build a machine that will toss a pumpkin Everyone is welcome to watch the pumpkins fly through the air. Light refreshments will be served.
MPRL Opening Hours – Fall Term, Week Five
Keep track of the Machining and Product Realization Lab operational hours at their web page. The schedule at the Machining and Product Realization Lab for this week is:
Sunday – closed | Monday – 12 - 9 pm | Tuesday – 12 – 2; 4- 9 pm | Wednesday – 12 - 9 pm | Thursday – 8 am - 9 pm | Friday – 2 - 9 pm | | Saturday – 11 am - 9 pm
Scholarships, REUs, Fellowships and Calls for Papers
Institute for Broadening Participation Announces Application Season
The Institute for Broadening Participation has a large number of upcoming graduate fellowship and undergraduate scholarship deadlines. Many programs have application deadlines in the coming weeks and months, so please review their offerings. The mission of the Institute for Broadening Participation is to increase diversity in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. We design and implement strategies to increase access to STEM education, funding, and careers, with special emphasis on reaching and supporting individuals from underserved communities and underrepresented groups, including underrepresented minorities, women, persons with disabilities, first generation college students, and students from underserved communities.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Accepting Proposals
The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is now accepting proposals. The program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students who are pursuing research-based master's and doctoral degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and in STEM education. The deadline in the category "Computer and Information Science and Engineering; Engineering; Materials Research" is Oct. 25.
OSU Undergrad Research Opportunity: Systems Bio-Medicine
The laboratory of Systems Bio-Medicine at the College of Pharmacy under the direction of Dr. Andrey Morgun (http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/morgunshulzhenkolabs) is seeking several students to be members of a research team. We are seeking students for multiple openings in our lab. The experimental positions will include laboratory maintenance, basic laboratory tasks involving DNA and RNA analysis, and cell culture studies. Previous basic laboratory training or coursework and basic computer skills are required. The computational positions will include computational analysis on next generation sequencing data and network biology. Preference will be given to students proficient in one of the following: R, MySQL, MatLab, Python, C++/C, Java or Perl. This student would be expected to work 10-15 hours per week. To apply, please email Dr. Richard Rodrigues at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume including coursework, GPA, and possible hours of availability.
Call for Papers ASEE Annual Conference 2017
The Military and Veterans Constituent Committee (MVCC), a committee of both civilian and military academics, invites papers for the 2017 ASEE Annual Conference in all areas of engineering education that address topics of interest to active duty military and veterans in their pursuit of careers in the engineering profession. These can include Academic Reintegration; Education Pedagogy; Innovative Teaching and Learning Approaches; Models for Military Experience to Academic Recognition; Use of Big Data; Integrating Active Duty and Veteran Student Experience into the Classrooms and Programs; Course and Curriculum Assessment; Integrating Research and Education; Distance Education; Competency Based Education Models; DoD Research Exposure; Communication; and Institutional Veterans Support Programs. MVCC sponsors a Best Paper award consisting of a plaque.
International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization
Call for Papers: We invite submissions of novel research articles for a forthcoming issue of Networks. This special issue is associated with the 4th International Symposium on Combinatorial Optimization (ISCO 2016) that was held in Vietri sul Mare, Italy, May 16-18, 2016. However it is also open to papers which have not been presented at the conference. High quality research papers are solicited to address theoretical as well as practical issues of Combinatorial Optimization of a theoretical or practical nature involving graphs. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: Approximation algorithms, Graph coloring, Polyhedral combinatorics, Exact algorithms, Graph and network algorithms, Computational complexity, Network flow theory, Location theory, Fast algorithms for special graph classes, Scheduling algorithms.
The deadline for submission of full papers is October 31. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the following address: email@example.com
Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process.
DOE Scholars Internship Program
Scientific research conducted through the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) supports an improved quality of life for all Americans. With a mission focused on discovering solutions to power and to secure America’s future, DOE is committed to: energy security; nuclear security; scientific discovery and innovation; environmental responsibility; management excellence. The DOE Scholars Program offers unique opportunities that introduce students or post-graduates to the agency’s mission and operations. Participants in the DOE Scholars Program gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings within the DOE complex. Apply by Dec. 15.
Lehigh University Management Science and Engineering
The Industrial and Systems Engineering Department at Lehigh University is pleased to announce the availability of a fellowship opportunity for those individuals wishing to advance their knowledge in Management Science and Engineering. The fellowship, provides for full tuition toward 30 credits of master’s degree study (no stipend is provided). Apply by Feb. 15, 2017.
Job and Internship Opportunities
Insitu seeks a software engineer to be a member of our Simulation Team supporting our Unmanned Aircraft Systems that are in continuous development, operating in multiple countries throughout the world performing diverse, critical missions for our clients.
Adidas is looking to hire a Store Operations Manager - Best Practice/Process Improvement. They are looking for candidates with a degree in Industrial Engineering who are familiar with engineering processes. This position is out of the Portland North American Headquarters.
These MIME-related job opportunities are a selection of what is available at the OSU Beaver Careers postings. Opportunities are listed in order of closing date:
- E. & J. Gallo - Modesto has Engineering Internships (6 months) Location: Modesto, Livingston, Fresno, CA Job ad expires on: 10/24/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14072
- Columbia Steel Casting Co., Inc. seeks a Product Engineering Manager Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 10/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14603
- Dassault Systemes seeks an Education Material Internship Location: Seattle Wa Job ad expires on: 10/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14091
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Materials Planner Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/26/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14750
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Master Scheduler Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/26/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14751
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Supply Chain Analyst Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/26/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14838
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist 1 Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 10/27/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14739
- Oracle Corporation seeks a Manufacturing Process Analyst Location: Hillsboro, OR; Job ad expires on: 10/27/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14748
- Nalco Water has a Summer 2017 Internship Location: Vancouver, WA or Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14520
- Pariveda Solutions seeks a Software Development Consultant Location: Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13313
- Pariveda Solutions seeks a Software Development Intern Location: Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13314
- Tesla Motors seeks an Autopilot Software and UI New Grad Location: Palo Alto Job ad expires on: 10/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13681
- KeyBank seeks a KeyBank Management Associate Sales & Leadership Program Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 10/29/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14128
- CampusPoint seeks a Customer Service Representative Location: Aurora, OR Job ad expires on: 10/29/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14131
- Barry-Wehmiller Design Group seeks a Project Engineer - Entry Level Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 10/29/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14145
- Anderson Perry & Associates seeks a Project Engineer (7 to 10+ years’ experience) Location: Central Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12413
- Anderson Perry & Associates seeks a Project Engineer (7 to 10+ years’ experience) Location: La Grande, OR Job ad expires on: 10/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12435
- RuleTek seeks an Associate System Architect Location: Meridian, Idaho Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14167
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Team Leader Location: Various cities - Northwest Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14180
- Target Corporation seeks an Executive Intern Location: Various cities in the Northwest Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14182
- Brown Contracting, Inc. seeks a Construction Field Location: Construction Field Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14184
- Nitori Holdings Co., Ltd. seeks a Nitori International Trainee Position (based in Japan) Location: Tokyo metropolitan area Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14437
- Facebook seeks a Data Center Technician Location: Prineville, OR Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 10524
- Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation seeks an Associate Engineer Location: Scoville, Idaho Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13089
- NIKE, Inc. seeks a Nike Digital Intern Location: Beaverton, Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14760
- NIKE, Inc. seeks a Nike Analytics Digital Intern Location: Beaverton, Oregon Job ad expires on: 10/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14761
- The Standard seeks a Disability Benefits Analyst Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14625
- Precision Castparts Corp. seeks an Operations Management Development Program Location: various US locations Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13899
- Portland General Electric seeks an Engineer I/II (R16-588) Location: Boardman, OR Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 15009
- Amazon seeks an Area Manager Location: Nationwide, US Job ad expires on: 11/1/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14823
- Cambia Health Solutions seeks a DTS Data Analyst Internship Location: Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201 Job ad expires on: 11/2/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14722
- Hajoca Corporation seeks a Management Trainee - Northwest Region (Northern CA/WA/OR/UT/WY) Location: Moses Lake, WA Job ad expires on: 11/3/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13720
- SVN seeks a Commercial Real Estate Advisor Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/5/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13788
- Analog Devices has Various Engineering Internships – Summer 2017 Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/11/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14353
- Tesla Motors seeks an Integration Engineer Location: Palo Alto Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14391
- Frontier Rail seeks a Summer 2017 Transportation Manager Internship for Engineering Graduates Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14401
- Sustainable Mechanical Systems, LLC seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 11/13/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14403
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration seeks a Junior Officer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/15/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14442
- Marten Transport seeks a Fleet Manager Location: Wilsonville, OR Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14492
- Quicklet seeks a Full-Stack Engineer Location: virtual Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14481
- InFlight Corporation seeks a Backend Software Developer (Remote) Location: Raleigh, NC Job ad expires on: 11/18/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14483
- International Paper seeks a REACH Engineer Location: nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/20/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14534
- International Paper seeks a REACH Co-op/Intern Location: nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/20/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14535
- Concrete Technology Corporation seeks a Project Manager Location: Tacoma, WA Job ad expires on: 11/22/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14565
- Translations.com seeks a Project Coordinator Location: Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 11/25/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14592
- NuScale Power seeks a Project Controls Specialist Location: Corvallis Job ad expires on: 11/26/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14651
- SCHREIBER FOODS, INC. seeks an Operations Intern Location: Multiple Locations Job ad expires on: 11/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14688
- SCHREIBER FOODS, INC. seeks a Production Supervisor Location: Multiple Locations Job ad expires on: 11/28/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14689
- Eaton Corporation seeks a Non-Rotational Operations Leadership Development Program Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14090
- Linn County General Services seeks a Temporary Drafter Location: Albany, Oregon Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14436
- Near Space Corporation seeks a Range Safety Officer (RSO) Location: Tillamook, OR Job ad expires on: 11/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 12897
- Micron Technology, Inc. seeks a Micron Technology, Inc Engineering Intern Location: Boise, ID Job ad expires on: 12/4/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14773
- Greystar seeks a Property Operations: Leasing and Asst Manager Location: Portland Job ad expires on: 12/4/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14753
- Greystar seeks a Marketing Coordinator Location: Dallas Job ad expires on: 12/4/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14754
- Johnson Controls seeks a HVAC Controls Systems Designer I Location: Milwaukie, OR Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14852
- Chase Doors Division of Senneca seeks an Engineering Intern Location: Redmond, Oregon Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14854
- Georgia-Pacific LLC seeks an Engineering Intern/Co-op Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14856
- Georgia-Pacific LLC seeks an Entry Level Engineer Location: Nationwide Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14857
- Siemens Corporation seeks a Siemens Sales Development Program Location: Portland, OR and Seattle, WA Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14864
- Siemens Corporation seeks a Technical Sales Intern Summer 2017 Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 12/10/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14865
- Apex Systems seeks a Recruiter Inside Sales Trainee Location: Portland, OR Job ad expires on: 12/12/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14911
- Teach Kentucky seeks a Full Time Teacher - No Certificate Required Location: Louisville, KY Job ad expires on: 12/12/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14850
- Betaseed, Inc. seeks a Systems Administrator Location: Tangent, OR Job ad expires on: 12/17/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14970
- KXLY Broadcast Group seeks a RADIO ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Location: Spokane, WA Job ad expires on: 12/17/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14978
- Retronix Semiconductor seeks an Entry Level Field Service Engineer Location: Hillsboro, OR Job ad expires on: 12/19/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 15034
- Advance Testing Company, Inc. seeks an Engineering Technician Location: Campbell Hall Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 13037
- Electro Industries seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Westbury, NY Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14820
- Tritek Solutions seeks a Sales Engineer Location: Washington or Oregon Job ad expires on: 12/30/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14845
- Precision Measurements and Instruments Corporation (PMIC) seeks a Project Engineer Location: Corvallis, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14242
- Target Corporation seeks an Operations Manager Location: Albany, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 14183
- Target Corporation seeks an Operations Manager Location: Albany, OR Job ad expires on: 12/31/2016 Beaver Careers ID: 7118
Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
- The University of Central Florida (UCF) seeks candidates for a tenure/tenure-track position in the area of energy conversion and population. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Saint Martin’s University invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level. Materials, questions and inquiries should be sent electronically to Ms. Hopie Lopez, Executive Assistant to the Dean. Apply by Oct. 30.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Mississippi State University is seeking candidates for four tenure-track faculty positions in multiple areas, including Energy Systems, Alternative and Renewable Energy, Heat Transfer, Dynamics and Vibrations, Mechanical Design, Solid Mechanics and Computational Engineering/HPC. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering of Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia has multiple openings for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor positions from all research areas, including advanced manufacturing, analytics, applied probability and stochastic systems, economic decision analysis, health systems, machine learning, optimization, quantitative and computational finance, simulation, statistics, supply chain and logistics, and system informatics and control. Application is now open.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) has two faculty positions available in the areas of Advanced Manufacturing (at assistant professor level) and Physical Metallurgy (at associate or full professor level). Application is now open.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Catholic University of America is actively seeking to recruit a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of mechanical engineering. Open until filled.
- The Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at The Pennsylvania State University seeks 3-4 outstanding tenure-track hires, considering candidates in the areas of smart manufacturing, healthcare, supply chain management, quality/reliability, human centered design, big data analytics, and/or energy systems. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has opportunities for an endowed career development chair, Chatter Chair, for exceptional candidates in the area of energy harvesting and storage, and also an open tenure/tenure-track Energy Science and Engineering position. Open until filled.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is inviting applicants for three job postings: 1) The ME department is searching for candidates in the area of controls (Apply by Dec. 15); 2) The College of Engineering is conducting a broad search in the area of solid mechanics. The candidate can choose their appropriate home department. (Apply by Nov. 1); 3) The Grainger Institute for Engineering is conducting a broad search in the area of energy. The candidate can choose their appropriate home department. (Apply by Dec. 15)
- The Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign invites applications for at least three full-time open-rank faculty positions in the areas of: Systems Engineering and Design (position is supported by a $2M endowment); Healthcare Systems Engineering and Cognitive Engineering - especially aging populations; Controls/Optimization/Operations Research; Internet of Things/Analytics/Big Data Physical Ergonomics/Biomechanics. Apply by Nov. 1
- The Engineering Department of Trinity College has a tenure-track position, assistant professor level, in Mechanical Engineering. Scholarly work in structural analysis, biomechanics, micro- and nano-mechanics, mechatronics, robotics, or MEMS is particularly interesting. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of New Hampshire invites applications for a tenure track position in Ocean Engineering, a hire at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated. Apply by Nov. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at California State University, Northridge has tenure-track faculty positions in the areas of mechatronics, robotics, and mechanisms of machinery. Apply by Nov. 7.
- The Department of Industrial and System Engineering (ISE) at Rutgers University seeks candidates for a tenure-track position contributing to advances in manufacturing or energy fields. Apply by Nov. 9.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Utah invites applications for three tenure track positions in the areas of i) solid mechanics, ii) design and/or manufacturing, and iii) thermal sciences. Apply by Dec. 1.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara invites applications for two full-time faculty positions in the areas of fluid mechanics (tenure-track Assistant Professor), and micro and nanoscale thermal sciences and their application to energy systems (tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenured Associate Professor). Apply by Dec. 9.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Delaware has a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of thermal fluids with applications in energy, environment or manufacturing. Apply by Dec. 15.
- The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, is seeking candidates for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor in the areas of operations research, production and service systems, manufacturing, and human factors and
- ergonomics. Apply by Dec. 16.
- The Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)-Chicago has faculty positions available in the areas of (1) autonomous systems and (2) materials. Apply by Jan. 1, 2017
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Loyola Marymount University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in bioengineering and/or advanced solid mechanics and design at the Assistant Professor level. Apply by Jan. 15, 2017.
- The newly established Mechanical Engineering program at the University of West Florida has two faculty openings. One position will be based in Pensacola and the other at our satellite campus in Fort Walton Beach. Apply by Jan. 31, 2017.
- McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada has a new teaching-track opening in the area of Engineering Design. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio (including statement of teaching philosophy, description of pedagogical scholarly activities, and recent teaching evaluations), examples of supervised design projects, and the name and address/contact information for at least four references to: Dr. Marilyn Lightstone, Professor & Chair | Department of Mechanical Engineering | McMaster University, JHE‐310 | Hamilton, ON Canada L8S 4L7 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward newsletter submissions to email@example.com by 5 pm on Friday to appear in the following Monday’s issue. For access to past MIME E-Bulletins, visit the e-bulletin archives.