This Week's Features | Mark Your Calendar | Announcements | Jobs and Internships | Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
This is the final edition of the MIME E-Bulletin for the academic year. We will resume publication in the fall. Until then, follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date about the goings-on in the School of MIME and related student groups.
Current and soon-to-be alumni, be sure to join our LinkedIn group to stay connected and network with fellow MIME grads.
Mark Your Calendar
- MIME Graduation Celebration
June 16 | 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. | LaSells Stewart Center
- Oregon State University Commencement
June 17 | 10:30 a.m. | Reser Stadium
- Congratulations to the Oregon State Baja SAE team for their third-place finish at the Baja SAE Illinois over the weekend! More details will be posted soon.
Graduating? One of the many ways you help build the College of Engineering’s reputation and stature is by completing the graduation survey. We use this information for accreditation and recruitment purposes, so collecting thorough and accurate data is critical to our continued improvement.
The new College of Engineering sub-brand is complete and we are beginning to implement it across our schools. Guidelines, training materials, tools, templates, etc., can be found at http://engineering.oregonstate.edu/subbrand. As new templates are created and approved by the university, they will be added to the sub-brand page.
June 13, 2017
June 16, 2017
Job and Internship Opportunities
NOTE: The Career Development Center has transitioned to a new career management platform. Beaver Careers has been replaced with Handshake , a networked platform that allows employers to connect with students nationwide and advertise significantly more job and internship opportunities than currently offered. Due to the number of postings, the MIME e-bulletin will no list postings available on Handshake. Sign up for handshake at oregonstate.joinhandshake.com .
- BAUER COMPRESSORS, INC has openings for a Quality Engineer and a Manufacturing Engineer in Norfolk, VA. More info.
- Automation Solutions is currently looking for a personable, organized and creative Applications Engineer who will become the technical resource between their clients and their sales/engineering teams. Curiosity, eagerness to learn, a passion for innovation, and the desire to form strong relationships with customers are paramount. More info.
- Simonds International is seeking two Manufacturing Engineers for in Portland and in Michigan. See more.
- RevMedx is seeking a mechanical engineer to join their process engineering group supporting production, continuous improvement projects and working with product development to support DFM activities. For more information or to apply, contact Jerry.Peasley@revmedx.com.
- Moog Medical Devices is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern in the Salt Lake City, Utah office. The paid Engineering Internship will provide an opportunity for mechanical engineering students to get hands-on experience working with engineers in the medical device industry. More info.
- Georgia Pacific's Albany, OR Chemicals Facility is seeking a chemical or mechanical engineering student as an intern in their facility for the Summer of 2017. This particular role would be include reviewing and redlining existing plant P&ID's, exposure to project management, safety and production meetings, PHA involvement and other manufacturing related processes. Apply here (you must create an account to view the posting).
- Key Technology, has an open position for a Technical Buyer. They believe a student from the Manufacturing program at OSU could potentially be a great fit for this position in Walla Walla, WA. See more .
Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
- Georgia Southern University has multiple visiting assistant professor positions for Ph.D. graduates and post-docs. They are currently looking to fill multiple general term limited visiting assistant professor positions with teaching emphasis in the areas of Materials Processing and Materials Science, Solid Modeling-Engineering Graphics, and/or General Engineering Sciences. The positions are for the 2017-18 academic year, with a starting date of August 1, 2017.
- Villanova has an opening for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor, Mechanical Engineering . The position will require 12 contact hours of teaching each semester. The fall load will be two sections of statics and two of lab.
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering at Rowan University invites applicants for part-time visiting faculty positions.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Prairie View A&M University invites applications for two tenure-track positions at Assistant Professor level. The starting date for the positions is September 1, 2017.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Western New England University seeks applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor position, beginning in August 2017. Candidates should have an interest and expertise in any of the following areas: applications of mechatronics, robotics, process automation, and control.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Northern Arizona University (NAU) invites applications for a non-tenure track Lecturer position in our program to begin August 21, 2017. This Lecturer will be teaching both lower- and upper-division undergraduate classes and laboratories in engineering design, solid mechanics and thermal-fluids sciences. Job ID: 603127.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (New Mexico Tech) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering position.
- PathwaysToScience.org has 167 different postdoc and early career opportunities posted on the site, including postdoctoral fellowships, grants, travel awards, mentoring opportunities, and more. Browse the full list of opportunities here.
Forward newsletter submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday to appear in the following Monday’s issue. For access to past MIME E-Bulletins, visit the e-bulletin archives.