Oregon State School of MIME E-Bulletin
Weekly Newsletter for the School of Mechanical, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
at Oregon State University
April 20, 2015
This Week's Features
Today and Tomorrow: One-Stop Shopping for Graduation Needs
The OSU Grad Fair will take place today and tomorrow, 10 am - 4 pm at the OSU Beaver Store. Graduates can choose, size and order everything at the Grad Fair, including regalia, announcements, and class rings. Students with questions about regalia, should contact the OSU Beaver Store. If you have questions about Oregon State graduation announcements or OSU official rings, contact Jostens at 1-800-854-7464 or online.
Friday: Insider Tips for Future Employees from Google
what is Google really like? Who is Google hiring, what are they looking for? Come learn effective tips for interviewing with GOOGLE that will assist you in any interview. This is your chance for conversations with Google recruiters. Don’t miss it -- learn how to make yourself shine during interviews and on resumes.
Google Interview Techniques | DATE: Fri., April 24 | TIME: 2-3 pm | PLACE: KEC 1007
Student Volunteers for Undergrad Engineering Expo
The 2015 Undergraduate Engineering Expo is getting closer. We’re looking for students who want to help out with this huge, crowd-drawing event. We need volunteers to set up on May 14 and to work the event on May 15. Everyone who volunteers for two or more hours receives a free t-shirt. Sign up today at the OSU Engineering Expo 2015 site.
Spring “All Majors” Career Fair
The OSU Career Development Center's Spring Career Fair is Wed., April 22 from 11 am to 4 pm at the CH2M Hill Alumni Center. This one-day event is open to all majors, with 111 employers on site for recruiting of our students and alumni.
Apply by May 3 to Summer Term Pro-School
The application for the summer term Pro-School application site is now live at the COE site, and please note summer term application is open from April 13 to May 3. Be sure to review the Apply to Engineering Professional Program page for updated information regarding pre-core classes, GPA requirements and more. If you have any questions or concerns, please see your advisor or contact Brett.Jeter@oregonstate.edu.
Mark Your Calendar
EWB-OSU Tenth Anniversary Banquet
The EWB-OSU Annual Banquet is coming up soon, and also celebrates the group’s ten-year anniversary. It will be on May 3, the Sunday of Mom’s Weekend, in the Memorial Union Ballroom, 5-8 pm. Tickets are $50 (general) and $35 (OSU students). All proceeds go directly to enabling the chapter to continue its work with communities abroad. Help support Engineers without Borders by purchasing tickets in advance on their website. The event, "A 10-Year Quest for Water," is the chapter's annual fundraising banquet and will include company representatives from CH2M HILL, Boeing, HP, Daimler, Nike and others.
COE April Workshops
The College of Engineering will offer the following workshops spring term. These are drop-in sessions, with no RSVP required.
Tues., April 21: LinkedIn Workshop, 4:30 pm, Batcheller 144
Tues., April 28: MECOP Interview Prep Workshop, 4 pm, Kearney 112
Boeing Day is May 14
Boeing will host a “Boeing Day” on campus May 14, with several sessions in the College of Engineering and College of Business. Please join in for:
Boeing Resume Workshop (10-11 am)
Thursday, May 14, in KEC 1007
Boeing Information Session (5-6:30 pm)
Thursday, May 14, in Dearborn 118; refreshments will be provided.
If you want to include your event, please email the MIME E-Bulletin box with the details. Requests must be received by noon on Friday for inclusion in the following Monday's e-bulletin.
Disclaimer:This is a partial listing of upcoming School and College-related events – it is NOT a comprehensive listing of everything that is happening on campus.
RSVP Online for the MIME Graduation
Students! Help us get ready for the June 2015 MIME commencement ceremony, and let us know if you, your friends, and family plan to attend the ceremony and garden reception that follows. Please complete survey even if you cannot attend. As well, here is a reminder that you should schedule your senior pictures. There’s limited times and days available at this stage, so please sign up now. (Grad student, you can also use this link to schedule a time for your portrait to add to the online Graduate Student Directory.) Senior Pictures Location is Rogers Hall 238, Advising Office.
New Day for ASME Weekly Meeting
The ASME chapter has changed their regular weekly meeting day to Tuesdays at 5 pm. The location also has changed to Covell 210. We will be meeting this week for a few last minute reminders about competition. We will also be discussing the game plan for the rest of spring term.
MPRL Opening Hours – Week Four, Spring Term
Keep track of the Machining and Product Realization Lab operational hours at their website. The schedule at the Machining and Product Realization Lab for this week is:
Sunday – closed | Monday – 8 – 10 am, 12 – 1pm, 3 – 5 pm | Tuesday – 8 am - 1 pm, 3 – 9 pm | Wednesday – 8 am - 1 pm, 3 – 9 pm | Thursday – 8 am - 1 pm, 3 – 9 pm | Friday – 8 am - 1 pm, 3 – 5 pm | Saturday – 9 am – 5 pm
Scholarships and Fellowships
MBA Program Scholarship for Women
Attend this informational session and meet with College of Business faculty and advisors to learn about the one-year MBA offered at Oregon State. The College of Business has scholarships specifically for women who will be graduating with an engineering degree. See how an engineering degree and an MBA can help you reach your career goals. Lunch is provided, so please make a reservation if you would like to attend. When: Thurs., April 23, 12-1 pm | Where: 141 Batcheller Hall
The Great Minds in STEM (GMiS) 2015-16 HENAAC Scholarship
Graduating high school seniors, undergraduate students and graduate students, who intend to or are currently pursuing a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) degree at an accredited college/university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, are encouraged to apply for these merit-based Great Minds in STEM (GMiS) scholarships. In addition, students must have an overall minimum 3.0 GPA and must be of Hispanic descent or demonstrate leadership/service within the Hispanic community. Scholarship awards range from $500 - $10,000. DEADLINE: April 30, 2015
Job and Internship Opportunities
Boeing has several opening, and seeks recent grads to fill the positions. Apply by April 22! Please visit their online site, and apply according to the requisition numbers below:
- Req#: 1500012207 (Facilities Management, Project Management, Structural or Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture Facilities Engineer Level 1 Electrical)
- Req#:1500012211 (Electrical Engineering, Facilities Engineer Level 1 Mechanical)
- Req#: 1500012213 (Mechanical Engineering, Facilities Analyst Level 1 General (Contracts))
- Req#: 1500012216 (Facilities Management, Project Management, Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Facilities Analyst Level 1Maintenance)
- Req#: 1500012214 (Facilities Management, Project Management, Business Administration, Construction Management Facilities Analyst Level 1 General (Use & Occupancy))
- Req#: 1500012662 (Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management, Project Management)
Oracle Corporation seeks a Manufacturing Process Engineer/WWOPS Location: Hillsboro, OR Beaver Careers ID: 4215 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
These MIME-related job opportunities are a selection of what is available at the OSU Beaver Careers postings. Opportunities are listed in order of closing date:
- BNSF Railway seeks a Technology Services (Unmanned Arial Systems) Intern 2015 Location: Fort Worth, TX Beaver Careers ID: 4702 Job ad expires on: 4/13/2015
- Cardinal Glass Industries seeks a Process Engineer Location: Winlock, WA Beaver Careers ID: 4751 Job ad expires on: 4/18/2015
- Trinity Consultants, Inc. seeks an Environmental Engineer/Consultant Location: Seattle, WA Beaver Careers ID: 4776 Job ad expires on: 4/19/2015
- Union Pacific Railroad seeks an Engineering Manager (Signal or Structures) - Operations Management Training Program Location: Various Beaver Careers ID: 4328 Job ad expires on: 4/22/2015
- Union Pacific Railroad seeks a Production Manager (Locomotive or Freight Car Departments) - Operations Management Training Program Location: Various Beaver Careers ID: 4329 Job ad expires on: 4/22/2015
- Union Pacific Railroad seeks a Transportation Manager - Operations Management Training Program Location: Various Beaver Careers ID: 4330 Job ad expires on: 4/22/2015
- Union Pacific Railroad seeks an Engineering Internship/Coop Location: Various Locations Beaver Careers ID: 4337 Job ad expires on: 4/22/2015
- Trillium Technical seeks an Entry-level, hands-on Mechanical Engineering opportunities in the automotive industry in southeastern Michigan Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan Beaver Careers ID: 1998 Job ad expires on: 4/24/2015
- Near Space Corporation seeks a Flight Test Engineer - UAS Location: Tillamook, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 5144 Job ad expires on: 4/24/2015
- Near Space Corporation seeks a Mechanical Engineer Location: Tillamook, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 5146 Job ad expires on: 4/24/2015
- Dawson Construction, Inc. seeks a Project Management Internship Location: Bellingham, WA Beaver Careers ID: 5024 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- Maxim Integrated seeks a Manufacturing Engineer Intern, Semiconductor Industry Location: US Beaver Careers ID: 2792 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- ProIT Inc. seeks a BigData Analyst Location: Across US Beaver Careers ID: 4031 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- ProIT Inc. seeks a Business Intelligence Developer Location: Across US Beaver Careers ID: 4033 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- Oracle Corporation seeks an Inventory Services and Control - Business Analyst Location: Portland, OR Beaver Careers ID: 4216 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- Peri Software Solutions seeks a Programmer Analyst Location: Newark,NJ Beaver Careers ID: 4708 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- Dassault Systemes seeks an Education Material Internship Location: Seattle Wa Beaver Careers ID: 4738 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- Oracle Corporation seeks an Operations Mechanical Engineer Location: Hillsboro, OR Beaver Careers ID: 4722 Job ad expires on: 4/30/2015
- Cree, Inc. seeks a New Grad Process Engineer Location: Durham, NC Beaver Careers ID: 4552 Job ad expires on: 5/1/2015
- Hollingsworth & Vose seeks a Junior Process Engineer Location: Corvallis, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 4305 Job ad expires on: 5/1/2015
- Littau Harvester seeks a Mechanical Engineer Location: Stayton, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 4981 Job ad expires on: 5/3/2015
- O-I seeks a Process Improvement Engineer #2742 Location: Portland, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5000 Job ad expires on: 5/4/2015
- Public Utilities Commission of Nevada seeks a Senior Engineering (Water) Analyst Location: Las Vegas or Carson City Beaver Careers ID: 5328 Job ad expires on: 5/8/2015
- Alliance Window Company seeks an Engineer Location: Aurora, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5111 Job ad expires on: 5/10/2015
- Alliance Window Company seeks a Project Management Trainee Location: Aurora, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5113 Job ad expires on: 5/10/2015
- OSIsoft seeks a Customer Support Engineer Location: San Leandro, CA (Bay Area) Beaver Careers ID: 5114 Job ad expires on: 5/10/2015
- Hewlett Packard seeks an Engineering Intern Location: Corvallis, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 5116 Job ad expires on: 5/10/2015
- Antra Inc seeks an Entry Level Java Developer Location: Multiple Location Beaver Careers ID: 5169 Job ad expires on: 5/12/2015
- Perka seeks a Product Support Specialist Location: Portland, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5197 Job ad expires on: 5/15/2015
- Casper, Phillips & Associates seeks an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Location: Tacoma Beaver Careers ID: 5202 Job ad expires on: 5/15/2015
- Northwest Staffing Resources seeks an Engineer Technician, Temporary Location: Vancouver, WA Beaver Careers ID: 5592 Job ad expires on: 5/15/2015
- Rang Technologies Inc seeks a Data Scientist Location: Piscataway Beaver Careers ID: 5237 Job ad expires on: 5/17/2015
- Rang Technologies Inc seeks an IT Recruiter Location: Piscataway Beaver Careers ID: 5239 Job ad expires on: 5/17/2015
- BendBroadband seeks a Network Analyst Intern Location: Bend, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5253 Job ad expires on: 5/17/2015
- Marvin Wood Products seeks a Student Intern Engineering Location: Baker City, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 5255 Job ad expires on: 5/17/2015
- Modo Inc. seeks a Design Engineer Location: Beaverton, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5268 Job ad expires on: 5/18/2015
- O-I seeks a Maintenance Mechanic Location: Portland, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5338 Job ad expires on: 5/24/2015
- Beta Soft Systems Inc. seeks a Quality Assurance/Software tester analyst Location: Ore., Calif., Wash. Beaver Careers ID: 5370 Job ad expires on: 5/25/2015
- RBD Instruments, Inc. seeks an Electronics Support Engineer Location: Bend, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5409 Job ad expires on: 5/26/2015
- Antra Inc seeks a Java Developer Location: Nation Wide Beaver Careers ID: 2431 Job ad expires on: 5/29/2015
- Express Employment Professionals seeks an Automation Specialist Location: Bend, Oregon Beaver Careers ID: 5429 Job ad expires on: 5/29/2015
- Nordstrom seeks a Software Engineer 1 Location: Seattle, WA Beaver Careers ID: 5437 Job ad expires on: 5/29/2015
- Translations.com seeks a Localization Engineer Location: Corvallis, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5450 Job ad expires on: 5/30/2015
- Coyote Logistics seeks a National Account Manager Sales Trainee Location: Wilsonville, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5461 Job ad expires on: 5/30/2015
- BNSF Railway seeks a Technology Services Management Trainee 2015 Location: Fort Worth, Texas Beaver Careers ID: 2945 Job ad expires on: 5/31/2015
- BNSF Railway seeks an Engineering Management Trainee 2015 Location: Systemwide, US Beaver Careers ID: 2942 Job ad expires on: 5/31/2015
- Thermogen Technologies, Inc. seeks a Mechanical Engineer Location: Corvallis, OR Beaver Careers ID: 4799 Job ad expires on: 6/6/2015
- Dome Construction Corporation seeks a Project Engineer Location: South San Francisco Beaver Careers ID: 1657 Job ad expires on: 6/24/2015
- ANR Group Inc. seeks a Paid Summer 2015 Internships Location: Richland, WA Beaver Careers ID: 3541 Job ad expires on: 6/30/2015
- Precision Measurements and Instruments Corporation (PMIC) seeks a Project Engineer Location: Corvallis, OR Beaver Careers ID: 5517 Job ad expires on: 6/30/2015
- Delta Construction Corporation seeks an Engineer I Location: Kapolei, Oahu, Hawaii Beaver Careers ID: 3924 Job ad expires on: 6/30/2015
Faculty and Post-Doc Positions
- Washington State University has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral associate to support research on thermal, mechanical, and electrical interactions in materials for (a) microelectronics and (b) electrically-activated manufacturing. The ideal candidate would be an experimentalist with the ability to design/build equipment, and who has a good understanding of diffusion, mechanical behavior, and modern characterization techniques. Interested candidates should e-mail a resume and the names of 3 references immediately to: Professor I. Dutta at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Portland, Shiley School of Engineering has opening for two full-time, non-tenure track teaching positions. The priority deadline for application is May 15.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering has two opening for Professor of Practice/Lecturer positions. These two positions are Rensselaer Graduate Center at Hartford, in Hartford, Conn. Deadline not listed.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute Operations and Industrial Engineering Program is offering a visiting assistant professor position for AY 2015-2016.
- The College of Engineering at Northeastern University seeks a non-tenure track Assistant Academic Specialist for its expanding Professional Master of Science Programs. Review of applications will begin immediately and will proceed until the position is filled.
- The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Naval Postgraduate School has a position open for a tenure-track faculty in Autonomous Systems with an emphasis on Underwater Vehicles. Candidates should immediately send an application letter, along with curriculum vitae and names of three references by email to email@example.com, or mail to: Garth Hobson | Professor and Chairman | Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering | 700 Dyer Road, Watkins Hall, Room 338 | Naval Postgraduate School | Monterey, CA 93943-5100 USA. Position will remain open until filled.
- The Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering (WSE) and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) invite applications for the position of Bloomberg Distinguished Professor. Preference will be given to applicants at the tenured full professor level, but exceptionally qualified candidates at other ranks will be considered. Apply by May 31.
Forward newsletter submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday to appear in the following Monday’s issue. For access to past MIME E-Bulletins, visit the e-bulletin archives.