Use of measuring and layout tools, interpretation of blueprints and drawings, identification of engineering materials. Operation of machine tools, including calculation of machining parameters. Operation of gas and MIG welding equipment.
The student, upon successful completion of this course, will be able to:
- Safely and properly use measuring and layout tools.
- Interpret blueprints and drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Identify engineering materials including carbon steels, stainless steel, nonferrous metals and plastics.
- Calculate proper speeds, feeds and depths of cut for machining operations.
- Safely and properly operate machine tools including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, grinders and saws.